Tom x Reader [Oneshot]

You and Tom both had a thing for each other. Seriously, it was blatantly obvious. Edd, Matt, and Tord all saw it, and it had been a joke for the past couple of months. Honestly, you hoped that with all the teasing Tom would build up the courage to ask you out. But here you are again, sitting in your room on YouTube, waiting for Tom to pull a move as you do every night. What you didn't know was that tonight would be different. Very, very different.

Living with the guys was nice. None of them were too perverted, and it was very cheap. Every night you'd help with food and your cooking seemed to delight everyone. Actually, it's getting very close to dinner time.

Heading downstairs, you saw the boys spread out in the family room focused on the television. You snuck up behind them and rested your arms on the back of the couch. They seemed to be watching another zombie movie you'd already seen, so nothing aside from the usual. "Y/n!" Edd smiled as he noticed your staring. "Come watch this with us!" Tom smiled, patting the seat next to him on the couch while signaling for you to come over. "I would, but I think I should start dinner... Any requests?" You fiddled with your bracelets, waiting for an answer. "My request is for you to come and sit with us." Tom smirked as he gazed at you. "I've already seen this movie! I think it'd be boring to see it all again." You replied with a smirk. "Let me make you guys food.". Matt turned to you. "You make dinner every night, y/n! We can get pizza or something, so come and hang out with us instead!". He gave you a pleading grin that you couldn't say no to. "Okay, okay..." You giggled, sitting next to Tom. "Let's do something else other than watching this though. Seriously, the ending sucks." You said as you powered off the TV. "How about a game?" Tord spoke up and smirked at Tom. "What do you have in mind?" Edd turned to Tord, reading his expression. Tom gave him a sharp look, but that didn't change anything. "Tord...". You'd never admit it out loud but it was cute when Tom got all riled up over little things. His "eyes" just expressed this unexplainable glimpse that was so attractive. Yet another reason why you liked him so much. You were snapped out of your thoughts when Tord spoke again. "Truth or dare!".

You knew how this was going to go. And you knew you wanted it to happen. "Yes! Good idea Tord!" You clapped as you gathered everyone into a circle. "Ooh! Ooh! Me first!" Matt cheered. "Okay! Y/n! Truth or dare!" He turned to you, with a bit of mischief in his expression. "Mmm..." You thought for a moment. You wanted to make this fun. "Dare." "YES! This one has two parts, okay?" Matt said eagerly. "Matt..." Tom growled. "So Edd, Tord, and I will leave you two...". Matt grabbed his friends and walked out. "Now y/n, go sit on Tom's lap." He giggled from around the corner. He did not.

"I... uh, mm, what?". You shifted uncomfortably, wide-eyed. "Matt!" Tom yelled, his face extremely red. "It's a dare!" Matt responded from around the corner. "It's about time you two have your moment!". Tom looked at you with sympathy and embarrassment, but mostly shock. You didn't know how you felt. You definitely wouldn't chicken out. But was this really happening? Were you actually about to do this?

"Y-y/n...". Tom looked away. "Tom..." You smiled nervously. You were going to do this. "Let me make myself comfortable." Although your face was bright red, you completed the dare. You cuddled into Tom. His hoodie was soft and warm, and it felt right. Like you belonged right there.

He moved his arms around you, and though you couldn't see, he was definitely smiling. You stayed wrapped in each other for a few moments until you decided to speak up. "Tom, is there something you need to tell me?". He took a deep breath and held you even closer. "I really like you, y/n." He mumbled into your hair. "I really like you too, Tom." Both of you smiled even wider as your bottled-up feelings released. The two of you fell asleep happily, with the sound of your friends squealing around the corner.

[END]