Edd x Reader [Oneshot]

Today is a big day. You thought, making final touches on your appearance. It's the only shot I'm going to get. You continued to fuss over your looks, for today was important. You were going on a date with Edd.

Well, maybe a date? He never really specified. He just wanted to take you to some carnival and you obviously accepted. He was always so sweet and you found him to be quite attractive. His humour never failed to put a smile on your face. He had been one of your closest friends for almost a year, along with Tom and Matt, your other roommates. At this point, it was getting hard to keep your feelings hidden from Edd.

"Y/n?" Edd called from downstairs. You frantically checked the time, and it was exactly 8. Right on time! "Here I am!" You grinned, making your way down the stairs to Edd. You were confident, especially with your favorite outfit on, but when you saw Edd's smile you couldn't help but feel nervous. "This is going to be great!" He grabbed your hand and rushed towards the car. How am I gonna survive this night?

You arrived at the fair. All the lights flashed with neon colors and rides spun in fast circles. You forgot how much you loved things like this. Before Edd could even speak, you grabbed his hand and dashed towards the first ride. "This one is called Zero Gravity." You grinned with bright eyes as you pointed up at the sign. You turned to see Edd, swallowing with an unsure expression. Aw... You rested your hand on his shoulder. "Think you can handle it?" You gave a playful smirk as Edd jumped at your question. "Of course! I just..." He shifted uncomfortably. "You just... Can't handle it?" You teased again, the door to the ride opening. "Y/n!" He called after as you ran in.

Once he caught up, he stood right next to you and confidently smiled. "See? Nothing to be scared of!". You giggled at his act and tried to hide your blush. You weren't sure, but you could've sworn Edd was doing the same. "The ride hasn't started yet, tough guy." You leaned back into the seat and laughed again. "This is so exciting!"

-Timeskip-

After many other rides, you checked the time. You and Edd were panting from all the running. Both of you were pushed past your limits tonight, but you loved it. It was around 10. You turned to face Edd, and he smiled wide as you noticed all the prizes and food he was holding. "We really went crazy." You chuckled, blushing once again. "We should head home, don't you think?" He shook his head. "Y/n, what's a carnival if we don't ride the ferris wheel?". He pointed to the biggest, most flashy ride of them all. The ferris wheel stood tall and you were surprised you had completely forgotten about it. "You're right!"

You both headed towards the ride, walking slowly and close to each other. You shared many laughs and blushes, and by the time you got there you were hand in hand. "You lovebirds enjoy the ride." The worker took your tickets as he closed your cart. "A-actually, uh..." You trailed off as you realized the ride had started. You were now tiredly leaning on Edd, and he slowly rested his arm around your shoulder with a content sigh. As the ferris wheel came to the top, Edd grabbed your shoulders and turned to face you.

"Do you know why I took you here?" He asked seriously, looking right into your wide eyes. "I-i can take a guess." You gave a small and nervous smile. Was he about to...? "I think you know why, y/n." He looked away for a quick moment, then crashed his lips onto yours as you sat stunned. Not long after though, you returned the kiss. As you broke away, Edd pulled you into a tight hug. "You're amazing." He whispered. The ferris wheel kept on spinning as you snuggled closer to Edd, enjoying every second of it.

[END]