Matt x Reader [Oneshot]

"Y/n!" You were shaken awake by Edd shouting your name. "Come on! Time to get up!" He let out a huff, crossing his arms and looking away. "Mmm... 5 more minutes?" You rolled over in bed and snuggled into your fluffy pillows. "It's already 11, y/n. Listen, Tom and I are going to the store. Need anything?" He asked, the tapping of his foot increasing. "Uhmm... Cookies!" You flipped over and smiled at Edd. "Sure thing." He responded, returning your smile. "Is Matt not going with you guys?" You questioned, wondering what could be holding him back. "Ah, I forgot to tell you. He's not feeling well. Be sure to check in with him while we're away." Edd cautioned you, stepping out of the door. Matt could get weird when he was sick. He didn't drink alcohol much, but when he was sick the way he acted was almost like he was drunk. "Okay... Bye, Edd!" You lazily waved your hand as Edd headed towards the car.

You got ready by 12. You wore a cute, f/c t-shirt dress with sandals and your hair pinned back on both sides. You decided that it was a nice day to take a walk. The sun was shining brightly and since there had been lots of storms recently this was a nice change. You walked down the hallway, only to see Matt's door half open. That's right... You thought. I should see how he's feeling.

"Matt?" You peeked in on the ginger. He was lying in bed, and you could tell how sick he was. His usually-happy face was frowning, and his eyes were half-lidded and dim. As much as you hated to admit it, Matt was very attractive. His shiny hair was normally spiked upwards, and his eyes were always full of so much hope and happiness. He was such an optimist and encouraged you to do things you never could've imagine yourself doing. Not to mention, he was very touchy. He'd constantly grab your hand in excitement or hug you in fear. In the past couple of months, you had developed a bit of a crush on the guy.

"Y/n..." He weakly smiled and turned his head upwards to see you. "You're not looking too well." You sat down on his bed, resting your hand on his head to feel his temperature. "Matt, you're burning up!" You recoiled with shock, your hand flinching off his head. He grabbed it again though, and held it tightly, a serious expression on his face. "Um... Matt, how about I make you something to eat?" He held your hand a little tighter. "Or how about you stay here with me?" He gave another sweet smile that was hard to say no to. "I... uhm, you really should have..." He waited for you to try and come up with a response, but the only thing that took place was your face getting redder and redder. Matt...

"Please, y/n~." He purred, rubbing his thumb along your hand. It was weird for him to act like this. He was very naïve but usually had his own boundaries. "I... uhm, o-okay." You blushed even harder. You couldn't say no to him any longer. His voice was just so soothing and he made you want more of it.

"Yay!" He pulled you down and wrapped his arms around you, resting his forehead against yours. You couldn't help but hug him too. He was sick, but he was so cuddly and warm. "Matt..." You whispered, as he tightened his grip around you. "You know, y/n, you're so pretty..." He trailed off, staring into your big eyes. A grin formed on your face. "You are too..." You said dreamily, feeling as if you were in another world. "I like you a lot, y/n." He closed his eyes and blushed, resting his chin on top of your head. "I like you too, Matt." You giggled, smirking at his little sniffles now and then. "Thanks for staying with me." He quickly snoozed off with you in his arms, and you weren't far behind him. "Anytime, Matt.".

[END]