Four • Uchiha Itachi

A few days passed and most things remained the same; Sarada was training with her team - sometimes, Sasuke was there to watch her - and some time later, Konohamaru was discharged from the hospital and they were sent to a mission which lasted for two days.

Sasuke would also pick up Sakura from work every night and the whole Uchiha family would have a peaceful and satisfying dinner together.

Getting back to what Chocho said, the Chunin exams were near, but even before Sarada could prepare for it, the teachers from the Academy had announced it right after Team Konohamaru went back to the village. They stated that it was close, but unfortunately did not give the exact date of the event.

Most genin-ranked ninjas were thrilled while others were anxious and scared. Sarada and her two teammates were naturally quite competitive so they belonged to the ones who were excited.

Today, however, instead of heavy training and preparations for the nearing exams, Sarada spent the day strolling around the village with Chocho. Well, it can't be helped. The two of them are good friends - even though one is hard to motivate and the other is hardworking - and they are quite fond of each other in spite of those differences.

On the same day, dark clouds started to form and their 'girl time' unfortunately ended early because of the incoming rain. Instead of spending the rest of the afternoon with one another, Sarada was forced to come home and the same went for the young Akimichi. 

She loved home in a better way because Sasuke was finally in it, but today, she wasn't that enthusiastic about going back because her father was currently in the Hokage's office (if she wasn't mistaken) and was discussing some serious matters with him.

However, when Sarada got back, she heard a very few, almost inaudible noises from a certain room. In instinct, she gripped her fingers tightly around a sharp kunai. She knew exactly where the sound came from, but she wasn't sure why it came there.

Sarada, for one, was a brave girl. However, instances such as this somewhat scared her, of course, as she was still a kid. But that wasn't a reason to stop from putting up a brave front and confronting the person who's trespassing.

So she slowly and cautiously went to the direction where the faint noises came from. In the end, she was facing the door of the isolated room in their house. It was the single room in the Uchiha household that she had never explored. She was dying of curiosity about it, but Sakura never allowed her to go there. She was confused, but gradually after graduating from the Academy, she lost interest with this certain room.

And now, why was the intruder inside it?

Slowly, without making noises, she twisted the knob until she saw a light coming from the inside. Sarada frowned upon realizing that the room was poorly lit and she could only spot the silhouette of that person.

Breathing in, she gripped the knob before swiftly opening it and jumping inside, taking ninja weapons such as shuriken and kunai from her pouch and throwing them to the person without taking a closer look.  

Sarada's feet made contact with the ground again and she immediately froze when she saw who the person was.

"Papa?"

Sasuke was sitting on the floor, a small chabudai table in front of him, a few candles over it, a bundle of flowers, and a picture frame. Attached to the walls were the shuriken and kunai she previously launched at him.

"Sarada," he said in his usual low voice, taking a side glance at the weapons. "What are you doing here?"

"I..." The young Uchiha was still speechless. She thought there was some freaky bandit inside their house who's stealing something precious from this mysterious room. But after looking at the entirety of this four-cornered room, there isn't anything special.