Ten • Deceived

Around three in the morning, Sasuke took the time to return to the cave again to check Yasuda and his gang. He left a clone beforehand, so he would be sure that they wouldn't be able to escape.

He came back to see all three of them unconscious. He even searched a little further from that spot to find the black-haired boy, Hiroshi. Sasuke figured that he could call allies to assist him and take the culprits to the Konoha Police Force for investigation. However, it would take time. So instead, he formed a few clones to carry each of the unconscious bodies and lock them up in the hideout.

"Eh?" Suigetsu reacted rather violently upon hearing his former comrade's request - or, by the tone of his voice, it was more of a demand. "You can't be serious."

The ravenette ignored his side comments. "Let me repeat. You guard the four of them while I escort my wife and daughter back to Konoha. I'll come back for them. I'll investigate them along with the Police Force in the village."

"I have no problem with the last part but come on! I'm alone here. Orochimaru is away and Karin left after Sarada's operation. What if they wake up?" He protested.

"What if they do?" Sasuke glanced at his reluctant-filled face. "They won't be regaining their powers, most especially their chakra. The girl is a sensory type so she won't be able to do much."

Suigetsu released a loud sigh before slouching. "Do I even have a choice?" He whispered before nodding. "Whatever. Just be sure to get them after."

. . .

Sakura walked out of her room right after she woke up from a short nap. She figured she would check on Sarada but when she stepped inside her room, she refused to even meet her gaze and said (coldly) that she still felt sick.

The pinkette thought it was probably because of the trauma. That or she's probably exhausted physically. Understanding her daughter's current state, she left her room and simply walked away.

She was about to find Suigetsu to ask for Sasuke's whereabouts when she walked by him in the hallway.

"Sasuke-kun," she noticed that he still had the bandages she wrapped on him earlier. "You're back."

He nodded and stepped forward until he was right in front of her small figure. "Is Sarada okay?"

"I just went to her room and she said she still feels a little bad. I've injected her medicine after the operation, though. She'll be better." Sakura further explained as her eyes fell down, a tired sigh escaping her lips.

Sasuke studied her appearance before speaking again. "How about you?"

The pinkette let a delicate smile grace her face as she looked up to meet his charcoal eyes. "I'm fine, dear."

He nodded. "We need to leave soon."

. . .

With an apprehensive expression displayed on the Seventh Hokage's face, he tapped his foot impatiently, a scroll spread across his wooden table. His eyes repeatedly scanned the words written, but he was too distracted by the current problem inside his head to even understand what he was reading.

"Naruto," Shikamaru watched his friend's agitated face. "You need to calm down."

A sigh escaped the blonde's lips, nodding at his assistant's comment, although not exactly taking his advice. It's almost been twenty hours since his last sleep; he's been working in the office since morning and until now that it's three. It was around twelve midnight when he was supposedly going to pack up and leave with Shikamaru, but then a report from Shizune reached his ears and it was about a culprit trying to enter the facilities in the village.