Seven • The Uchiha

"Sakura, you can head home now. We're sorry for calling so suddenly when you're supposed to be at home already." Shizune smiled apologetically, holding a box of medicine on her hands.

The pinkette shook her head, giving the older woman a tired yet understanding grin. "Don't worry about it, Shizune-san. It's our duty. Though, I kinda feel bad for Sarada. I wanted to eat with her tonight."

"And Sasuke-san, too, right?" She laughed, making Sakura blush slightly. "Anyway, you can go on now. I'll be the one to return these medicines to the stock room."

"You alone?" Sakura frowned. "I'll help, then."

Shizune immediately waved her hands dismissively. "Oh geez. You're still the same old Sakura. It's no big deal. Go ahead and spend time with your family."

"It'll be quick. About five to ten minutes, right? I also wanted to check that vaccine I'm making."

"Hm?" Raising her eyebrows, Shizune gave in. "Alright then. Let's get going."

The two of them went up to the second floor of the building, going towards the east wing. Opening a door labelled as the stock room, Shizune entered first followed by the pinkette.

"How's Sarada doing, by the way? I heard the Chunin Exams are near." Shizune inquired as she placed the box down on the small table in the center.

There were huge racks around and hundreds of chemicals and set of pills were placed and neatly arranged. Shizune grabbed some medicine from the box and started to place them carefully on the vacant rack.

"She's doing good, actually. Though I don't really think she has the best relationship with Boruto." Sakura laughed at the last statement, helping the older woman.

"Boruto? Why? Aren't they in the same team?"

"I don't know much. They just have big differences, I guess. They aren't too bad though. I mean, they fight occassionally but I can see that they're good comrades." The pink-headed woman replied with a smile.

Shizune's lips curled up as well. "Those two remind me a lot of Naruto and Sasuke in the early days."

"Hmm." Sakura nodded in agreement. "Both are pretty stubborn."

Both of them laughed lightly until Shizune looked back at the box. "Wait, I left some more down. I'll just go and get it."

"Oh, alright. You need help?"

"No, I can manage. Thanks."

Sakura nodded as she watched Shizune exiting the room. She finished arranging the pile of medicine in the rack and decided to take a look at the liquid she's been experimenting on the past few weeks.

It was a clear liquid placed in a small vacutainer. It was to made to be a sleeping vaccine. It was still an incomplete creation and it's not adviced to use yet. If it's used in its current state, it will either be disregarded by one's body or have strong side effects due to its components.

Sakura blinked a few times, feeling tired and sleepy. She was used to this, but it doesn't mean that it's already bearable. She has been getting short naps for a few days and the lack of sleep is starting to show its effects.

Her vision suddenly spun and she held onto her head. Maybe it's best if she goes home now. She's way too exhausted and sleepy.

She was about to bring the experiment back and leave until she heard the door opening.