Chapter 6

If there was a time Inumuta wished Hoshi could be awake, it would be now.

A rogue Ryuko attacks the ship, with nothing in her head but destroying it and being utterly pissed at Satsuki. The younger sister showed no mercy to her older sister. She was prepared to kill her, and when she went for the final blow, it would all be over.

That is, until Mako came up to the Elites and gave them a message from Satsuki herself. A plan that would try to get Ryuko out of Junketsu.

Before the plan was set in motion, the Mankanshoku family came onto the upper deck, dragging an unconscious and soaking wet Hoshi with them.

They layed her down on the ground and Mrs Mankanshoku immediately pushed the girl's hair out of her face.

"Poor thing." She sighed, as Hoshi breathed, showing no effort to wake up.

As soon as Inumuta fired the missiles, he spun around to look at the family of goofballs.

"What happened to her?" He asked with such hostility that it was comparable to the time he threatened Mako.

"We don't know. Her snake just comes, dragging her with it, and brings her to us soaking wet. She might have fallen out of the boat or something." Mr Mankanshoku said, for some reason, not intimidated by Inumuta. Perhaps he was too ditzy to be scared.

"There's no way she could of fallen out of the window. Something had to of dragged her out of it, but to my knowledge, there's nothing in these waters that could reach her." Inumuta argued, as he took Hoshi into his arms and returned to his computer.

"Periculum enim prope est. Metu monstri sub mari. Videte fratres. Et præparate vos." Hoshi muttered unconsciously.

"What are you saying?" Inumuta hissed under his breath.

"Beware." Is all that left Hoshi's lips, before her eyes shot open, letting a bloodcurdling scream escape her lips.

She breathed heavily, as she ran her hand through her hair. She shook in fear and her eyes remained wide. She stared up into Inumuta's glasses and looked directly into his eyes, taking him by surprise by her vulnerability.

The tealette examined her face, trying to figure out why she would be so afraid. Hoshi was never one to be scared. In fact, she was the one scaring everyone. Inumuta couldn't even fathom what could of possibly frightened Hoshi.

"H-Houka?" Hoshi asked tilting her head, as he nodded his head, unzipping his collar.

"Yes? What is it?" He asked softly.

"Don't leave." She whispered, before wrapping her arms around his bare torso, whimpering quietly.

"Never." Inumuta gave her a rare smile and Hoshi smiled back, before she turned her head to look at the sudden rain of blood caused by Ryuko.

"That hurts like hell!" Ryuko screeched, causing Satsuki to smile.

As Nui began to drawl on about whatever, Hoshi let go of Inumuta. She slowly pushed herself to her feet, and tried to balance herself, before she grabbed her blade.

"The feelings I have for Senketsu, Hoshi and Mako Mankanshoku are indescribable. A strong or weak person who can force themselves into my brain. An outfit that laughs, cries and genuinely worries about me! A girl that has protected me since I was young, and cared for me despite my mistakes. It's my turn to protect her now!"

"Yeah! You tell her Ryuko!" Mako cheered.

"I hate when people talk when they have no clue what their talking about." Nui seethed. "Maybe I'll just use the people you're trying to protect." Nui sneered, before releasing Life Fibers. "Enjoy having your minds restitched!"