Chapter 7

Hoshi had found a tanktop in the ship, and took off her uniform immediately. Then, she grabbed the shorts she had stashed in the base and pulled them on. She pulled at the drawer of her nightstand and looked at the pieces of metal that had been broken apart.

She grabbed the pieces and held them tightly in her hand, before looking up into the mirror. The half of her hair that had been shaved had grown and even started to curl. There was no point in cutting it now.

She rushed to where Iori was working and pushed the door open. The blond continued his stitching, but cocked his head to show that he was listening.

"I need you to fix something for me." Hoshi said, walking beside him, and showing him the metal.

"How am I supposed to fix metal. I work with fabric, not metal." Iori told her.

"It can easily be pierced by anything when broken. All you have to do is sew it with Life Fibers." Hoshi told him.

"Why can't you fix it yourself?"

"Have you not seen me sew?"

"Show me how it's supposed to be sewn together." Iori sighed, stopping his work and turning to face a clean table. Hoshi placed the metal on the table. She placed it so it would form a circle. "What does this do?"

"It grants me more power." Hoshi replied, watching him grab a needle and Life Fiber threads.

"What's it made of?" Iori asked, as he pushed the needle through the metal with ease.

"Magically-altered steel and Life Fibers." Hoshi replied, turning to look at the blond boy. "Can you fix it?"

As Iori continued to stitch a smirk pulled at his lips.

"If stitching it is this easy, I'll have it done in seconds."

"Iori why have you stopped making progress on the uniforms?" Inumuta asked, opening the door.

Hoshi turned to look at the tealette, and gave him a wide grin. She looked back at Iori who continued to stitch metal together. Inumuta's eyes widened and he scrambled closer to the table to get a good look at the easily pierced metal.

"What kind of phenomenon is this?" Inumuta asked, trying to get closer, until a hand pushed him back.

"Easy, data-boy. It's magically-altered steel and Life Fibers." Hoshi smiled gently as she watched Iori sew the final pieces back together.

The Life Fibers merged into the metal and suddenly became solid. The two boys stared in wonder as Hoshi took it from Iori's hand. They were unsure as to whether she was using wind to make it float, but it began to float.

Black began to etch itself into the metal, showing the kanji for "Spirit." Hoshi grinned, before snatching the metal into her hands and placing it inside her scarf.

"I'll be using this later." Hoshi smiled, walking out of the room.

Inumuta immediately followed her as Iori returned to working on the uniforms. Inumuta began to smother Hoshi with questions.

"What does it do? How long have you had it? Why is it so easily pierced when broken apart? Why is "Spirit" etched into it? How did it etch itself? How was it enchanted? Did you get it from the Spirits? Why did you-" Hoshi slapped her hand over his mouth, giving him a soft smile.

"You're so obsessed with data. You'll see what it does later tonight, I promise." Hoshi smiled, ruffling his hair.

"You don't understand, Hoshi. This information is vital and a necessity! How am I supposed to know more about you?" Inumuta asked, following her retreating figure.