Chapter 9

Ryuko and Hoshi stared at the exposed Ragyo. Hoshi had stated that she wasn't going to stay behind if Ryuko's life was on the line.

"I'll be the one who decides my own path." Ragyo hisses, as she rips her own heart out. "Seems I'll follow that motto more than you will, Ryuko."

"Mom, don't!"

The woman crushes her own heart leaving the two to float in space. Hoshi turns to look at her cousin, and her eyes widen at the sight of the decaying Life Fibers.

She reaches for her pendant and removes it from her body, causing her to transform back into normal. She tries to hold Senketsu together and goes to break her pendant apart to save him.

"No. Without your pendant, you won't be able to control the flow of your Spirits." Senketsu refuses.

"What are you-" Ryuko trailed off, "Senketsu?"

"I guess Shinra-Koketsu had more power than I thought. Come. Let's go before it's too late." Is all the sailor uniform says, as he flies down, Hoshi grasping Ryuko's arm.

"Senketsu, don't do anything crazy!" Ryuko warns.

"Says you, who has done nothing but?" Senketsu replies, voice growing weak.

"Senketsu!" Ryuko exclaims.

"Even so, this is fine. I am sure your father is satisfied. I had a wonderful time with the both of you."

"Idiot, don't say that like you're wrapping it all up!" Ryuko pleads.

"Don't cry, Ryuko. There comes a time when a girl must outgrow her sailor uniform. From now on you can wear whatever you want. Clothing that is cuter than I." If Senketsu could show emotion, he'd be smiling right now.

"I'll do just that! I'll wear clothes that'll dye you green with envy!" Ryuko shouts, just as Senketsu disappears. "Senketsu!" Hoshi's grip loosens up on Ryuko, and she turns to look at her.

The other girl's eyes flutter, as if she's forcing her eyes to stay open. Ryuko notices that she's trying to slow down their fall with the help of Sora and Kaze.

"What are you doing? Your pendant isn't activated!" Ryuko shouts. "I don't want to lose you too."

"It's fine, Ryuko. We're still far from the Academy. You need a push to get you far enough." Hoshi gives her a weak smile, as she let's go, and falls beside Ryuko.

Hoshi unwraps her scarf from her neck, and around Ryuko, causing it to turn red. She still has the pendant tight in her grasp.

"Why aren't you transforming?" Ryuko shouts.

"I can't. I released the other Spirits to fight off the Souls that had been closing in on the Academy. These two were with me when I fought Ragyo. I've been using the both of them without the pendant while Senketsu brought us down, and it's taking it's toll on my body." Hoshi smiles. "Don't worry. I was meant for this. I'll be alright."

Closing her eyes, Hoshi moves her arms back. She swings them forward, causing a gust of wind to push Ryuko far from her.

"Hoshi!" Ryuko shouts, watching the figure of her cousin grow smaller.

She closes her eyes, tears falling from them as she realized that her cousin was gone too. She couldn't handle it. Her cousin might have given up we life just for her. Why?

"Ryuko!" Satsuki shouts, running for the falling girl. "Hang on! Ryuko!"

Satsuki jumps up to catch her sister, and tries to dig her feet into the ground to stop. Mako runs behind her and tries to push against her.