Epilogue

(A/N- It's short I know, but there's a reason I called it an epilogue instead of a chapter. It's to wrap up the rest of the story. It's the end of this story, that is true, but it isn't the end for the characters. This is the start of their new beginnings. Also my writing abilities has been sucked out of me and I have no creativity right now.)

Finally, it was over. Honnouji Academy was gone, along with Ragyo and Nui. An intense battle had arrived between the Elite Four, Ryuko and clones of themselves and Satsuki due to a vengeful Rei. Where the Spirit Girl was during all the battle, no one knows.

But they all knew where they were going.

Gamagoori was planning to move on from his goal of protecting Satsuki, and he would instead work with relatives. Jakazure would inherit her parents' company and Sanageyama would go to work back home. Inumuta picked an IT graduation, and Iori would continue his study in Life Fibers. Mako and Ryuko would transfer to a new High School, but no one knew what would become of the Girl of Spirit.

No one had seen her often enough to question her plans, but they all knew deep down she wouldn't continue school. She wasn't really in it to begin with. Perhaps she would return to her nomad lifestyle, except instead of aimless wandering, she'd be searching for family, instead of stumbling upon them. Protecting Japan from Souls maybe. But her fate was not certain.

However, before Ryuko had left, she had been handed a box. Upon opening it, she practically burst into tears at the sight of the scarf. A scarf that resembled Senketsu remained inside. The black-haired girl immediately tied it around her neck, and dragged her fingers across it, smile tugging at her lips. Upon seeing a couple, her smile grew wider.

Inumuta couldn't stop the smile on his face at the sight of Hoshi. She had shaven half of her head recently, and her injuries healed at a rather impressive pace. Though her body was covered by black sweats, combat boots and a grey sweater, purple scarf accompanying the outfit, in Inumuta's eyes, however, she looked perfect. Perhaps it was the smile on her face, or the way she held his hand, but there was something about her. Maybe it was her smooth and melodic voice, that brought him ease or maybe it was the idea of spending so much time with her.

His IT graduation was a great decision, and he would move onto university. The Forest of Spirits was extremely close to the prestigious university, and the male decided he would move out of his parents' home and move in with the lovely Girl of Spirits.

A new age of peace had been placed upon the sacred forest, as the person who consumed the resources possessed in there had finally disappeared. However, along with the new age, came new opportunities. Spirits would now be able to return to their homes. The Guardians' territories would grow in size, and they would expand the areas of which they'd protect from Souls. Though, rebirth of the forest was the top priority, expansion of territory would follow. Hoshi would be able to explore, and learn more about Spirits, and their functions, as there was so much more about the mystical beings to learn about. The idea of spreading news of Spirits and Souls was still a decision the Spirit Girl had to make. What kind of consequences and benefits would come from such an announcement? She pondered on the idea continuously, but perhaps perfecting her knowledge on the Spirits and Souls would be better to accomplish first.

"How did Matoi like her present?" Inumuta asked, eyes darting towards the troublesome student, and former Kamui wearer.

"She almost cried, but she has yet to learn what kind of properties the scarf has. However, it's only in her time of need where it happens most often. To get casual conversation out of him would be hard," Hoshi ran a hand through her hair, her other clutching the hand of the tealette before her.

"May I ask how you managed to get pieces of Life Fibers from space?" The bespectacled male asked, green eyes exposing nothing but curiosity.

"Honestly? I don't even know myself. All of the sudden, I summon all of my Spirits and they have some Life Fibers stuck to their fur or scales or whatever, and I collected as much of it as I could. Then I got some sewing lessons from Iori, who asked me if he could use them to further his research on Life Fibers, but I told him I couldn't let him have it because it was Ryuko's gift. I had some time to myself, and I was so bored and I was like, what am I gonna do with all these Life Fibers?" Hoshi paused, but her hand gestures still made it animated. "Call Iori and ask him now to sew the coolest scarf anyone's ever seen? I think hell yes!"

"Still as eloquent as ever, I see," the male chuckled.

"Shut up. I am the walking entity of eloquence," the bicolored-hair girl stuck a tongue out at her significant other, making him roll his eyes at her antics. "He couldn't believe I wouldn't give up the Life Fibers, but I was like, "I'm her cousin, and I value her more than research," and he seemed so confused."

"The funny thing is, you didn't get Satsuki a gift," the tealette points out, unconsciously squeezing the hand of his girlfriend.

"I didn't say I was a good cousin at any point in time. I'll get her a gift next month," the Spirit Girl huffs, as she begins to pull Inumuta along with her. "Let's pack up and get ready to move, and then help with evacuation."

"I didn't know I had to help," the male teases.

"You were a part of the Student Council or some shit like that. It's your duty to help," Hoshi replies, waving goodbye to friends and her cousin. She turned around and saw Satsuki standing atop the tower, making the Spirit Girl chuckle. She waves to her other cousin, before turning to face the exit, hand still tightly grasping onto the one of her boyfriend.

"How long do you think until he'll propose?"

"Five months."

"A year at least. Doggy isn't one to rush."

"Is that a bet you're insinuating?"

"What the gamble, Monkey?"

"A thousand dollars."

"Bring it."

"Stop acting like children."

"Whatever, Toad."

And though their paths would separate as they took on different tasks, it wouldn't change the bonds between them. A new beginning it was indeed, and there was plenty of room for change; yet something made them think, that much wouldn't change at all.

And there is no other way they'd have it.