Chapter 3 - Dream Date

The difference between New York and Dayton take some time to overcome. I'm used to late night studying and crack of dawn wake ups, but things are different now. I get most of my homework completed in Study Hall, and the rest only takes a couple of hours at home. I'm asleep before a new day officially begins and awake after the sun has started to rise. The last five years have been boarding on overwhelming. It's kind of nice having some breathing room.

The situation at school is also different. The stares and whispers have stopped, and I've gained a few new friends in the process. It's nice having relationships with people who I can talk to about something other than school. Talking about something other than homework and college is nice. I have a life and real friends. In a month I was able to expand my social bubble.

I hold these friendships close to my heart but not more than what's building between me and Marcus. We are becoming more than friends, even though we haven't actually admitted those feelings to one another yet, but I know there are strong feelings there. We do seek each other out, longing to be close to one another, and the second I'm close enough, his fingers intertwine with mine. It's amazing what a simple touch or look can say.

With our fast growing feelings, Marcus and I often seek time alone. It's hard with my parents and brothers around. And Nathan positions himself between us every chance he gets. We've gone to his brother's restaurant a couple of times, but we still aren't alone. Luckily for us, all of that is going to change, and I hope we can take advantage of it.

After getting the all clear from the doctor, my parents returned to work at their fancy pet store in Portland. And since football season is starting up, my brothers and Nathan have been at practice every day after school. For sone reason, Lizzy and Chloe get enjoyment from watching practice, so the stay at school, waiting until practice is over. Which means, for a few hours, Marcus and I will have the entire house to ourselves.

We get to my house, and the silence is more than welcome. Instead of curling up on the couch in the living room, like we normally do, we head straight to my room. With homework in hand, we cozy up to each other on the window seat. Books are open; pens in hand, but neither of us is working on homework. There's the elephant in the room we need to address, but we're both waiting for the other to speak first.

I can see the frustration growing in his eyes the longer the silence lasts. Soon his frustration boils over. He drops his books on the floor then pulls my books from my hands and drops them on the floor too. His hands are shaking sightly as he grabs hold of mine. When our eyes meet, I see only longing and desire. I smile and squeeze his hand. That seems to be what he needed to get him talking.

"This thing between us, that's been building for weeks; I'm not the only one who feels it, right?" The need in his voice is very telling. It almost sounds like it'll crush him if I say no. "I'm crazy about you. These feelings started the moment I stuttered over my name. You have me, all of me, even if you don't want me."

I slide closer to him and place my hand on his cheek. He leans into my touch as he closes his eyes. A sigh of relief escapes his lips like he knows what I'm going to say. I move even closer, letting my lips linger next to his. His eyes open in a flash at the feeling of my breath tickles his lips. The lust burning in his eyes put a smile on my face. I close my eyes and let my bravery guide me.

"I want you, since the moment we met, I've wanted you." My voice is barely a whisper, but the tremble that runs through him, tells me he hears every word. "Now If you don't hurry up and kiss me, I may never forgive you."

In a heartbeat, his lips are on mine, and my insides are screaming in victory. I throw my arms around his neck and straddle his lap. He crushes me to him as our kiss deepens. I can feel his heart racing, and it melts me a little more. After weeks of craving him, of dreaming about the taste of his lips and I finally have him. Marcus Cummings is mine, and I'm never letting him go.