Chapter 15 - 'Til Death

Fear and worry are emotions that don't need to be expressed out loud. It's written on every face. Eyes shift from person to person as we wait for the other to speak. But words are hard to find. Exhaustions has taken it's toll on everyone.

Damon is slouched on the couch with Sam's head resting on his shoulder and Athena's resting on his lap. Alex and Eva are ruled up in the chair fighting sleep while Lucas sit at their feet, holding on tight to Chloe. My magical family is tired and I love them for it.

My parents and Lizzy sit on either side of Tony, holding him like he'll vanish any second. The three of them are fighting sleep like everyone else, but not Tony. He's angry, which is understandable, but there's more to his furrowed brow. There's a though forming but he doesn't want to share it with everyone.

"Ok, everyone out," Tony announces, causing us to jump. "I need to talk to Marcus alone."

His sudden demand takes everyone by surprise. This can't be a good talk or Tony would say it to everyone, so I can only assume Nathan said something, Lizzy didn't hear. The room starts to clear, but I stay put. I want to hear this, but Tony shakes his head and points toward the hallway. I'm not going to win, so with a huff I follow everyone to the dining room.

Athena waves her hand, creating a feast for us in seconds. Everyone makes a plate but me. I watch Tony and Marcus as they speak quickly before looking at me. Tony asked for a private conversations so he wants Marcus to shut me out, for now. Marcus apologized to me then obliges Tony. Damn, I wish I could read lips.

It's frustrating not being able to make out what they're saying. They go back and forth, almost arguing, but not really fighting. They're both calm, no raised voices, which only increases my curiosity. When they're done, Marcus nods, like he's giving in to Tony. When they share a hug, I nearly faint.

Since he's still weak, Marcus helps Tony to his feet and I quickly rush over to help. We take him to the dining room and sit him in the chair Sam has ready. Lizzy brings him a plate overflowing with food, which he quickly dives into. No one speaks while Tony eats, but everyone is curious.

"Ok, I'll ask since no one else will," Lucas says, leaning forward. "What was your little pow wow about?"

Though the question is directed toward Tony, everyone is looking at Marcus. His eyes fall on me as he wraps an arm my waist and pulls me to his side. His face is hard to read. He looks happy, but also unsure. "Tony wants us to get married tomorrow."

"Wait, what?" I ask over the mumbles of surprise. "Tomorrow?"

"Is that really a good idea, considering all that's happened the last few weeks?" my mom asks quickly. "Is this really the time for a celebration?"

"Yes, it is," Tony answers with a mouthful of food. "They've been through enough, mom. They deserve this." He pauses then looks at me and Marcus. "I'm not asking for this to happen, I'm telling you it's going to happen."

My mom and Marcus try to argue; two weeks of fighting plus Tony's attack say bad timing, but I'm with Tony on this one. "I think it's a great idea. Let's do it, tomorrow."

Marcus tries to hide his excitement, but he can't contain his smile. "Really? Are you sure? We won't get the beach wedding we want, and Nathan's still out there, plus you and I haven't exactly been at our best lately. I just..." he takes a breath as he and tightens his hold on me. "I want this. Marrying you tomorrow will make me the happiest man alive, so if you're serious, I'll give you the most beautiful wedding possible."

I lift myself up on my tiptoes and lightly press my lips to his. "I want to be your wife, so will you marry me tomorrow?"

With a cry of joy, he lifts me into his arms and hugs me tight. "Yes, baby. I will marry you."