o n e

_______________________o n e _______________________

o n e
_______________________

Death is the cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include biological aging (senescence), predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, homicide, starvation, dehydration, and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury. Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death.

I slammed my book shut, groaning at how we had to study the never ending cycle of life and death. I already knew everything they were teaching, yet my parents refused to let me graduate early. They always went on about 'you'll miss out on that high school experience.' So, being the best daughter I could be, I listened to them and obeyed their commands.

That was until the day Jason Blossom disappeared and was officially announced as a missing person. He might as well have been my brother, since we were as close as two people who weren't related could get.

His sister, Cheryl, was my best friend, had told me what had happened to Jason but I refused to believe her. But when it was all over the news and in the papers, I had no choice but to believe her. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday.

•-•-•-•-•

"Honey, Cheryl is here. She would like to talk to you." My mum had yelled from downstairs. I looked out the window, the smell of rain was something I had always loved.
"Okay, coming mum!" I shouted in return, running downstairs to the front door.

I opened it to see Cheryl, she was soaking and looked upset. But, I could tell that this wasn't the Cheryl I knew. She was the very rare and fragile Cheryl that I had only seen a couple of times. "Cheryl, what's wrong? What happened?" I rubbed her back as I kicked the door shut with my leg. I helped her to my room as we sat down on my bed.

"It's Jason," she mumbled. I frowned at her, not understanding.
"What happened to Jason?" I slowly spoke, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"He's gone, Amara, Jason's dead!" Suddenly, Cheryl just broke down, like every emotion she's ever had that she's bottled up had been released at that very moment.

"Cher, that's not funny." I hissed at her, standing up in disbelief.

"I'm not lying, Amara," she had walked over to my bedroom door. "He's gone and he's not coming back."

•-•-•-•-•

Ever since that night, I haven't spoken to Cheryl. Just seeing her face, it reminds me too much of Jason.

I jumped as soon as the bell went, sprinting straight out of that classroom. As I walked down the hallway, everyone scrambled away from me in fear.

Ever since that day, nothing was ever the same. It was only an accident what I did, but the entire school found out and refused to let it go.

Even Cheryl feared me. Whenever I saw her down the hallway, she would just walk straight pass me without saying a word.

This caused people to spread rumours and gossip. 'Look it's Amara.' 'Is it true what she did?' 'Even Cheryl isn't talking to her and they were joined at the hip.' 'Maybe she killed Jason.'

That last comment made me slam my locker door. How could someone think that? I loved Jason; he was a brother to me. His death was stupid and avoidable. But nonetheless I still loved him.

•-•-•-•-•

So hello everyone! This is the first chapter of my jughead fan fiction. I hoped you all enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment! :) <3