t h r e e

_______________________t h r e e _______________________

t h r e e
_______________________

"Polly?"

"Amara. I'm so glad you're okay." She hugged me as I began crying on her shoulder.

"He's gone, Pol. Alec is gone and he isn't coming back." Polly looked at me, not understanding what could have bought this on. "It's not fair, it's not fair, Polly." I whimpered into her jumper.

She rubbed my back as I began to calm down, my breathing beginning to become normal again. I slowly sat up, noticing that she was showing. I smiled at her as I put my hand on her stomach.
"She's going to be a fighter." I sniffled, rubbing her belly. She then put her hand on top of my hand and chuckled.

"How do you know she's a going to be a fighter?" Polly asked, her eyes glistering with happiness that I brought up her baby.
"Because she has you as her mother." I smiled at her, kissing her on the cheek, warmth filling my heart; something I haven't felt in a long time.

•-•-•-•-•

"Amara!" I turned around to the sound of someone shouting my name. Recognising the voice, I shut my locker and started walking in the opposite direction. "Amara, hey," Veronica's happy voice made me shrill up. I was not in the mood to talk to her.

"What do you want, Veronica?" She looked me up and down before grabbing my hand and pulling me into a classroom and locking the door. I frowned at her, confused as to what she was doing. "Oh god, we're not gonna make out, are we?" I questioned, half joking and half serious.

"Maybe later, if you're into it." She winked at me before looking behind me. I turned around to see there were four other people in the classroom. I sighed in annoyance, before crossing my arms.

"You're not going to give up, are you?" I said, looking at the people in the room. Archie, Jughead, Cheryl and Betty all stood in different parts of the room, looking at me with a smile on their face. "How did you even manage to get Cheryl in here? I'm surprise she didn't spit in your face when you asked." This caused Cheryl to give a satisfied nod, while Veronica groaned in disapproval.

"I just want you to start opening up to people, Amara. You need friends, you can't just go your whole life friendless," I raised my eyebrow at her as if challenging her that I could go my whole life friendless.

"You're kind of anti-social, you know that?" She spoke, before pushing me towards everyone, who were now sitting around a desk. I groaned, not wanting to open up, but nonetheless I walked towards everyone.

"Okay, you want me to open up? Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you about the stuff in my head." Veronica smiled in triumph. I glared at her, before I continued my little confession. "Um, alright, my brother died when I was fourteen because I asked him to come pick me up from a sleepover and he ended up getting into a car accident but I survived," I looked down at the ground, wiping away the tears that began filling my eyes.

"My dad left my mum when I was twelve because he couldn't handle me because he had to spend extra money to feed me and buy me clothes and he hated that." I started choking up, causing Cheryl to hug me as I continued. "And I lost Jason. He was like a brother to me after Alec died. He helped me control all the anger I had from when I was younger. And now he's gone, I have no idea how to handle any of my emotions." With that, I broke down in front of everyone. Through the tears, I could see they all had guilty looks on their faces. They must have felt bad for all the bad things they thought about me.

But maybe opening up had made me feel better. Like a weight had been lifted off my chest. Maybe these guys could be my friends.

•-•-•-•-•

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! Much love x