e i g h t

_______________________ e i g h t_______________________

e i g h t
_______________________

I was walking to school with Cheryl. There had been this weird vibe in the house with my parents. I just assumed that it was them being weird so I shrugged it off since it's a usual occurrence. But this time, I had this feeling that just kept gnawing at me.

"Do you think we could ditch school, today?" I asked Cheryl, suddenly not feeling well and extremely nervous.

"Why, what's wrong?" She looked at me with a compassionate look, something that's extremely rare upon her face.

"I don't feel well. Can we please not go?" I began to beg her. I felt like at any moment I was about to faint. I could slowly feel my legs beginning to give out. Black spots were covering my vision. I then felt myself fall, as I tried to grab on to Cheryl, I felt my head collide with the ground, before everything went dark.

*-*-*-*-*

"Amara? Amara!" I could feel someone shaking me, causing me to stir and wake up. I opened my eyes, closing them straight away as I wasn't used to the bright light in the room. I looked around, confused as to where I could be.

"Oh A, you're awake. How do you feel?" I looked to my right to see Cheryl there, her eyes were bloodshot, she must've been crying. But why would she be crying?

"What happened?" I groaned, barely getting the words out of my mouth. I pushed myself up so I was in a sitting position.

"You passed out while we were walking to school. The doctor said you were nutritionally deprived," I looked down at my hands, fumbling them as she continued. "Amara, have you been starving yourself?" I looked away from her as I scratched my neck.

"I didn't do it on purpose. I just had been forgetting to eat." I mumbled. She looked at me and sighed, before engulfing me in a hug.

"Is this because of what happened with Jug?" She quietly asked me, inching away from me as if I was about to explode. Yes, I had told her about what I said to Jug.

"What do you mean?" I asked, unsure of what she was trying to imply. I crossed my arms before raising my eyebrow at her.

"Are you punishing yourself because you punished him?" I looked at her before looking at the ground.

Was I punishing myself because of how I punished him?

*-*-*-*-*

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had end of term exams and assessments. I'm on holidays now though so I shall try to update as much as I can for you guys! Don't forget to comment and vote! Much love x