friend

prompt; "Dan and Phil are just friends."
kinda boring and kinda cute//kinda no purpose but to make you smile(really dnp)
[3k words]
//

"And so...tomorrow....you're busy?"

"Yep, sorry." Dan apologized, giving Fred the most sincere eyes he could.

The green eyed boy put on a fake smile. "It's okay, but maybe next time?"

"If I don't have anything planned with Phil, most definitely," Dan smiled, dimples popping in his cheeks.

Fred began to walk away from the front door, but then he paused and turned back around, "Can I ask you a kind of personal question?"

"Shoot," Dan said, crossing his arms and leaning against his door frame.

"What...like, are you and Phil?"

Dan's eyebrows raised, "We're friends."

"But...just friends?" Fred asked nervously, biting his lip.

"Well, no, we're best friends," Dan said with a light laugh. Fred nodded as if pleased and then released his bottom lip from his top teeth. "Alright, then. See ya, Dan."

"Bye, Fred!" Dan waved, still smiling as he closed his door and turned back into his flat.

"You think Fred's got a bit of a crush on you?" Phil asked, looking up at him from the dining room table with a raised eyebrow.

Dan sighed, "Yeah, I mean he did just ask me out."

Phil smiled, "You into him or just playing around?"

Dan rolled his eyes, "Wow, it's nice to know what you think of me."

"Dan," Phil said, "You're constantly playing around with people."

"Nuh uh," Dan said, sitting down in the chair across from Phil and smiling, "I just can't choose one."

"Why?" Phil said, resting his chin on his hands, "Why can't you settle down and stop having people chase you?"

"I guess I just haven't found the one yet," Dan mumbled, watching Phil's expression closely and smiling again when Phil hummed in response.

"Plus, I'm only in my early-twenties." Dan said, pulling away from Phil slightly and resting on his elbows, "I've got loads of time to keep messing with people. Who needs dating anyway, it's a waste of my time and huge blow to my growing career."

Phil laughed, "Yes, your growing career as an internet whore."

"It takes one to know one, love," Dan said, winking at Phil who shook his head and went back to editing his latest video. "Guess it does." Phil grumbled.

Dan gazed down at Phil as he concentrated, sighing contentedly at how this was his simple life. He thought he could watch Phil forever--coffee stained mug being brought up to his pouty pink lips and angular features highlighted by his computer screen. Here; Dan was most comfortable with living. Phil was beautiful in his own special way, and so was Dan. But by no means were they perfect.

"Hey," Dan said, gaining Phil's attention again, "Do something with me."

"I have to finish editing this video."