strange [VI]

The return of Phil Lester was like the return of the sun to the sky.

I didn't realize there was broken glass everywhere I stepped until he lifted me up. And with one look at him I felt like I'd been saved from falling off the edge. The love of my life, Phil Lester, has returned.
To me.

The internet drove itself crazy with theories. I mean like, crazy. We decided we'd make a video after s long break, but it was so hard to explain. We had to make the whole thing up, and it was like when we used to hide our relationship. I felt a little sick, but so much better than I had for a week.

Phil wouldn't leave my side. Or maybe, I wouldn't leave his. It wasn't really clear to me or anyone, but I am sure if he was in a different room than me the world would explode. I couldn't stop touching him, I felt like he could fade away.

"Dan," Phil asked, holding up empty bottles of alcohol. "Why did you drink so much while I was gone?"

"It helped me sleep." I said simply, and he frowned.

"I don't like the idea of you drinking so much."

"It was really cold without you next to me." I said sternly, but quietly so he would know how I felt. "It helped me to sleep."

Phil licked his lips and put down the bottles, walking towards me so he could wrap his arms around me. "I'm so sorry, Dan."

I returned his hug, sighing into his neck. "It wasn't your fault."

"I know, but...I should've escaped." He murmured. "I should've told you about who I was. I...I don't know what I would've done if you had gone missing. You were probably so...I'm so sorry."

I felt tears in my eyes. "Jesus, Phil. After all that I've learned...about the the fucking Order and secret monarchy and magic and whatever you can do or were raised with I'm just happy to have you. Fuck everything in this world, I'm just so fucking happy to have you."

"You don't have questions?" Phil asked, "You don't hate me for leaving you in the dark?"

"No, definitely not." I say, "I mean I do have questions but...it's so much. I could never hate you. I want to hate you sometimes, but I don't."

"Ask them." Phil said, "I said I'd tell you everything, so ask anything you want. And then we can leave it all behind."

I bite my lip. "Do you know what I really want to know?"

"Yeah."

"Did you ever practice magic while you were with me?"

"Yes." Phil said, "Just little things. When I'd go home for the holidays we always used magic. I'd keep things from falling when I was alone, I never used it in front of you. I'd fix tiny things, I'd use certain herbs which you thought were houseplants for good fortune, I put a lavender candle charmed with light magic in your bedroom so you could reach six million subscribers back in 2017."

I laughed, "What? That ugly tiny purple and white candle you wouldn't let me throw out? How does that even work?"

"It brings good vibes." Phil smiled, "It sounds kind of witchy but it's true. I used magic only a little...like that one time we got stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel for like an hour a little while after we met."

My eyes widened. "In Manchester? That scared me half to death! Why did you do that?"

Phil blushed. "I...I wanted to kiss you but I couldn't figure out how. And I missed my chance when it stopped us at the top becasue you were rambling about something. And so when we went back around again I kind of...broke the machine with a stalling spell. I just...I was so nervous and you looked so beautiful."