young [II]

I removed the tiny bit of sexual content sorry
[2k words]
//

Phil.

Colby's older brother was Phil.

"I...um-" Phil looked confused and flustered and just lost, and Dan looked down at the floor in embarrassment. He'd been caught.

"Phil, are you okay?" Colby asked, "You look a little lost, bro."

"I, um...Dan?"

Dan didn't know who he was supposed to be in this situation. He knew he had to be who he was, which was seventeen because that's how Colby knew him. But Phil thought he was twenty one, and wow he must be confused as hell.

"Hello, nice to meet you." Dan said, putting on a fake smile, "Colby says a lot about you, and you seem just as cool as he makes you out to be."

Phil looked even more lost, as if it just wasn't adding up to him. "Um, yeah. Right. So h-how old are you?"

Colby furrowed his eyebrows. "Alright, I knew you were a loser but I didn't know you were this stupid. You know he's in my grade. I told you that."

Phil looked uncomfortable. "So he's s-seventeen?"

"Yes." Colby said with a roll of his eyes. "Geez, you're slow. What'd you make for lunch though, I'm starving."

Suddenly Phil looked sick. "You're seventeen?" He asked, turning to Dan with a look of...betrayal almost.

Dan gulped. "Um...yeah."

"Is there something surprising I'm missing? Because I just want some pizza rolls." Colby said, seemingly confused by what Phil thought was so weird about Dan being seventeen.

Phil looked really sick. He put his head in his hands as if he was disappointed, but Dan knew was disgusted with himself. And he felt terrible. "They're on the stove." Phil said, looking like he was going to throw up. "Um, excuse me, I need to use the restroom."

Dan wanted to go after him, but he knew that would look very odd to Colby, and Phil looked like he needed some time alone. But Dan didn't mean to make him feel gross. He had no idea that Dan was actually seventeen.

When he entered the kitchen Dan decided to ask Colby a question. "Um, how old is your brother?"

"He's twenty five going on twenty-six, and he won't let me forget it." Colby said, "Obviously, I was a surprise."

"A happy accident." Dan says, and Colby pushes him playfully. "Shut up."

A happy accident. Dan wondered if he was worth it enough to Phil to be just that. A happy accident.
But Dan knew deep down, Phil probably wasn't all that happy now.

Dan and Colby chatted over their pizza rolls, Dan trying to forget who's house he was in. He should just stop thinking about it, it didn't mean anything anyway. And there was no way Phil was going to want to touch him after finding out his real age, since he literally looked sick to his stomach.

Phil walked back into the kitchen and looked like he'd just thrown up, his hair slightly more a mess than it was earlier. Dan completely stopped talking when he saw him, and Colby shoved a pizza roll in his mouth. "What's up, big bro?"