sound

Prompt; "I thought that you were straight, now I'm wondering."
[2k words]
Original Title: The Sound
Tumblr thing
-

Phil Lester needed to back the fuck up.

Dan knew he was Harper's best friend and all, but he was seriously crossing the line. If Phil really thought he had a chance with Harper, he was crazy. Harper was Dan's.
Well, not really, but she would be if Dan played his cards right. But Lester seemed to think it was real fucking funny to keep shuffling the deck.

Ever since Dan became her lab partner in chemistry Phil's been extra flirty with her. Asking her to hang out after school right in front of Dan, and getting way too close. Phil played it like it was all cool because he was her best friend, but he was very aware Dan liked her, and he had his heart set on being a little bitch about it.

Because Phil liked her too.

She had long, strawberry blonde hair, and striking green eyes that stood out on her delicate face, dotted with cute freckles and no other blemishes.

She was perfect. Phil Lester getting with her? I think the fuck not. Dan tried his hardest to ignore that Phil was actually very attractive himself, and was kind of cool when you met him because he had a lot of the same interests as Dan, and he had a cute laugh, and face, and general personality, and smile, especially when his tongue stuck out between his teeth and he'd cover it with his hands, and what was he thinking about again?

Oh, right. How there's no way Phil Lester had a chance with Harper.

Dan knew he was kidding himself. Harper probably liked Phil back, but he was still determined to win her heart.

He turned in her direction in their math classroom, and smiled at her beautiful image. She was only writing notes, but she looked so pretty doing so. But of course the picture was ruined as Phil turned in his seat right next to her, and whispered something that made her have to stifle a laugh. Phil turned around at him, and winked as if he had known Dan was watching. Dan narrowed his eyes.

God, he hated Phil Lester.

The bell rang, and Dan scrambled to get his things together. He had to catch up with Harper before she left. He was going to ask her out today, and Phil wasn't going to stop him.

Before he could go after her, Phil approached him with a smirk, "How are you, Howell? Still chasing after Harper?"

Dan glared at him, "Get over it, Lester. You're just jealous because she likes me more."

Phil rolled his eyes, "I'm her best friend, Dan. I think I would know if she liked you."

"You're a pain in my ass," Dan remarked, swinging his bag over one shoulder.

"I bet you'd like it if I was," Phil said smugly.

Dan's face flushed red at the comment, and he couldn't come up with a solid denial. Phil laughed at his flustered face and sighed, "Aw, Howell's blushing. How cute."
Before Dan could reply, the teacher who had been going through papers finally noticed they hadn't left with the others.

"Lester, Howell, what are you still doing in my classroom?" Mrs. Kelley asked rhetorically, "Get on to your next class!"

"Yes, Mrs. Kelley," Dan and Phil said in unison as they shuffled out of the classroom.

"I'll see you in theatre, Howell. Look pretty for me," Phil said as he walked away casually.

Dan knew Phil was flirting with him because he liked to see him riled up, but Dan still blushed. He didn't like Phil, but his stomach still did back flips. Dan was straight, and Phil Lester couldn't change that.