Chapter 8

I walk into Biology with Logan and Lola only to see exactly what I didn't want: Derek Gardener. I quickly walk away to find an empty sit but it isn't until I sit down that I notice he is sitting in MY seat, which leaves Lola forced to sit right next to him. As for Logan, who ran away quicker than I did, he was able to find his way to the seat right behind me. As I go to turn around to talk to Logan, I am suddenly stopped by what I see next to me. I sat in the empty seat right next to Dean Peterson. He has bright green eyes, gorgeous chocolate colored hair, and a perfect smile. He stands at 5'10, perfect for my small self.

As my infatuation continues, I start to realize that this seat is reserved for his crazy girlfriend, Brittany. Oh no, she's gonna kill me, but the only other open seat is directly in front of Derek. I start to get up anyways.

"Where you going, Kane?"

I turn around trying as hard as I can to hide the excitement I'm feeling within me.

"Oh, hey Dean. Umm, I'm so sorry I just realized this is Brittany's seat and I thought you'd want her to-"

"Oh, you didn't hear? I broke up with her and then her parents withdrew her from PCA," he laughed, "You can sit here for the rest of the year if you want, I'd be lonely if you didn't."

DID HE JUST SAY HE'D BE LONELY WITHOUT ME?

As I'm taking a seat, all I'm able to do is smile because Mr. Trenton starts class.

"Hello class. As some of you have been able to see, we have a new student joining us today. Derek, will you please stand up and introduce yourself?"

I turn around and look at Logan, who raises his eyebrows at me as Derek stands up.

"Hey everyone, I'm Derek Gardener. I'm a junior-"

"So then why are you in freshman biology?"

The class turns around and chuckles as Logan has his proud face on. Everybody's laughing and expected that out of Logan. I'm laughing too, but nothing beats the shock I have at Logan's ability to say that to DEREK. I turn around to show him my shock.

All he does is give me the typical Logan Reese smirk.