Chapter 2

*beep beep*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Monday… Great. It's 7:00 and classes start at 8:00. First class: Biology. UGH! You know, Biology should NEVER be a morning class. That's just gross. Well, at least Zoey, Nicole, and our other roommate Lola (who is a fantastic actress) are all in my Biology class. I have at least one class with each of them, except Geometry (my second class of the day). You may be wondering how the heck I got into Geometry as a freshman… I took Algebra last year and I am a math genius, not to brag, so I got put into Geometry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what do you think so far, new girls?" says Zoey to me and Lola.

"I think it's really nice here. Let's just hope the drama club is nice here too!" says Lola.

"Yeah, it's nice. A lot nicer than home, which isn't so bad itself," I reply.

"Hey Zoe!" I hear from a guy's voice. All four of us girls turns around to see a tall guy with very bushy hair. It's like the bushiest hair I have ever seen… Can hair really even get that-

"Hey, you're the girl in Logan's picture frame," the guy says, "Umm, Emma, right?"

"Umm, yeah, I'm Emma Kane and, yes, I am most likely the one in Logan's picture frame. And you are-"

"Chase Matthews. I'm roommates with Logan," he says. Wow, Logan has a picture of me, too. How sweet… Wait, how is that sweet? Of course he has a picture of- whatever… I want to think it's sweet, therefore it will be sweet.

"Cool," I respond, "Well, I gotta get going to class. Bye Chase. Thanks for, uh, introducing yourself?"

He laughs, "You too, Emma! See ya later," he says as he walks away in the opposite direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you were pretending to be a cat?" I ask Lola as we walk into the Biology room.

"Hey! It was an acting exercise!" she responds.

We all burst into laughter. I just can't believe that Lola actually-

"EMMIE!" I hear someone yell from a few feet behind… There is only one person who calls me that. Before I can even smile, I whip around and yell "LOGS!" I practically run into his arms and give him a huge hug. I laugh as he twirls me in the air!

"Dang have you grown," I say to Logan, seeing that he was shorter than me since I last saw him.

"Dang, have you not," he says. Yeah, I've already prepared myself for the jokes.

"Sorry that I haven't grown since I was eleven. Not my fault," I snap at him.

He laughs, "And that, my friend, is completely true." We laugh as we take seats right next to each other.

"Fine," Lola says, "Ditch me for your new boyfriend."

"Lola," I say, "He is NOT my boyfriend. Haven't we gone over this?"

"Yeah, yeah… I know, I just wanted to- OH CUTE BOY!"

… Ok then. Oh my gosh!

"Hey Logan?"

"Yeah?"

"Umm, what picture do you have of me in your dorm room?"

He blushes. Why is he blushing? Logan Reese NEVER blushes unless a girl he wants to make out with is around.

"Logan, I want to-"

"Hello class," the teacher says, "Welcome to freshman Biology."

I look at Logan to see him giving me one of his "I'm Logan and I always get my way" smirks. Ok. Maybe I will find out after class.