Chapter 15

"You make me a better person"

The words still ring in my mind.

"Emma," I hear Logan say, "Um...It's been exactly five minutes and you've just been looking at my eyes with that face."

I didn't realize that I snapped out of it for that long, oh my gosh! I guess I just got caught up in thinking about Logan's words. He needs me. He really needs me. But he has to learn how to be a good person on his own. But, then again, someone has to be there to help him out and teach him. Everything that everyone knows is taught, whether it be by themselves or by others.

"Wow. I could be a philosopher," I say out loud.

Logan laughs, "Oh Emmy, I'll never get over you saying your random thoughts out loud."

"You get used to it after eleven years," I say with a smile. I'm glad we're back to normal now, but this conversation doesn't seem over. I haven't said a word besides my unnecessary interjections throughout Logan's words.

"So, you really like Dean, huh?" Logan says, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I do. He has a surprise planned for tonight, he said I'll really like it! I hope he asks me out," I say ecstatically. I'm glad that Logan is putting his feelings aside and taking interest in my life and relationship with Dean, until I look up at his eye. His lips may be smiling, but his eyes aren't. He has that longing, unsatisfied look that he had when he had first showed up to my door a half hour ago.

"He'd be stupid not to," Logan responds, breaking our eye contact as his eyes venture for something else to look at.

"Yeah...But maybe he still needs more-"

"IT'S BEEN A MONTH EMMY! HE'S LEFT YOU WAITING FOR A MONTH," Logan says, cutting me off.

I'm speechless. He's right, but I- I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are even speechless.

"You always talk about how much you hate when people do that. Every time you find out about somebody leading another person on without making a legitimate move, you lose respect for that person. Em, you've made time for him every single day since you've first gone out. There's not a day where you don't spend time with him. You've probably spent a total of six days this whole month doing something other than going on a date with him. But you still saw him. And to think he hasn't asked you out yet? I think he'd know by know how he feels."

"Well maybe it's taking him time, who knows, maybe it'll take him eleven years," I fire back.

Oh no.

Why'd I say that.

"Em, it's been so much longer than-"

"How long?" I ask. It was rude of me to interrupt and it shouldn't matter since I like Dean, but I want to know. I want to know how long THE Logan Reese has had his romantic hopes set on me. It couldn't have been that long, I mean, how could he wait so long to let me in on how he feels? Whenever I've had crushes on guys, I've talked Logan's ear off about them and he's never said a discouraging word. He always helped me out. Maybe it was once he came to PCA and he just missed me a lot.

"Summer going into 5th grade, when your family went on a vacation to Italy for a month. I couldn't stand not seeing you. Neither of us even had cell phones yet! When you came back, I knew you were my princess, Emmy. I wasn't happy without you. I had figured maybe I had just missed you, but the feelings stayed. I realized how strong they really were during the Derek Gardener incident. My purpose is to protect you, that's what I feel like I'm here for."

And, yet again, Logan has left me speechless.

"How?" is all I am able to mutter out.

"Emma, you're beautiful. You're funny, you're smart, you let me be who I want to be. You bring out the best in me. Everyone here knows that you're my weakness, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Let everyone know I'm a softie, but there's nothing that I would do to hurt my best friend."

I look right into Logan's eyes. He really is a softie, and he just admitted it. Right now I don't just see Logan Reese, the boy who asked me what I thought of his finger painting on the first day of preschool. I see Logan Reese, the boy who wants to be here to care for me forever.

But Dean Peterson.

"Logan-"

And he cut me off.

With a kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you're enjoying! I'll update at 7k (maybe a little earlier) just so that I know people are enjoying/reading the story still!

Comment any suggestions! I want to hear your input, you are the readers and I want y'all to enjoy it!