Chapter 6 - Want To Go get Some Breakfast?

Chapter 6

Brantley’s Point Of View

                I woke up the next morning at my house to sunlight streaming through my bedroom window. Why did the light have to shine so damn bright in the mornings? With a groan I rolled over and buried my face in my pillow. Last night after when Kaleigh and I got back to her brother’s house it was too late to work on anything, so we decided just to work on it today.

                I smiled into my pillow as I recalled yesterday’s events. That girl was crazy, but she wasn’t a bad kind of crazy. She could drive a truck like any man wishes a woman could, and tear up a field pretty damn good and frankly that was attractive in my book.

                My phone went off with a loud buzz, I just wanted to go back asleep but it was a phone call. For all I cared they could’ve left a voicemail but if it was my record label I needed to answer it because I’ve been waiting on them to get back ahold of me.

                With a grumble I sat up and reached for my phone quickly unplugging it and sliding the answer button.

                “Hello?” I asked sleepily falling back on my pillows and running my fingers through my short hair where it was starting to grow back.

                “Hey Brantley?” Kaleigh’s sweet voice asked me through the phone.

                “Yeah?”

                “Did I wake you up? I’m sorry, I can let you go if you want?” She apologized.

                “No Kay, it’s fine what’d you need?” I asked feeling bad now for seeming like an ass.

                “I was just going to say I was going to town to get some breakfast if you would like to join me then we can get the stuff you need for your bike.”

                “Sure, hey I’m sorry I hope I didn’t seem moody I didn’t see who was calling I thought I was going to have to deal with someone I didn’t want to talk to.” I answered, hoping she wasn’t upset.

                “Oh, It’s not a problem!” She began. “I’ll be there to get you in let’s say an hour?”

                “Sure that’ll work, thanks Kaleigh.”

                “Welcome BG,” She responded before she hung up. You could practically hear the smile in her voice.

                Well, I guess this means I better get around. I quickly set my phone on the end stand and stood up stretching my arms behind my head yawning. I made my way towards the closet getting out some clothes for the day and went into the bathroom.

                I reached in the shower and turned the water on to heat up. I grabbed a towel and hung it over the hook outside the shower door and stepped in letting the hot water wash last night’s sweat off of me. Once I was clean I got out and got dressed heading out to the kitchen to grab a Gatorade before Kaleigh got here. I must have timed it just right because right as I walked into the living room I heard the truck pull into the drive.

                I grabbed my billfold and my keys and went out the door, making sure to lock it behind me and made my way over to the driveway. I glanced back at my house remembering Kaleigh dropping me off last night and her amazement at how it was a large two story log cabin with a wraparound porch.

                “I’ve never seen one before,” She said in  awe as she put the truck in park.

                “Seriously?” I asked her with a smile.

                “I’m dead serious, I’ve seen pictures but never in person.” She stared at the house resting her chin on the steering wheel.

                “Well come on, I’ll give you a tour.” With that I grabbed her hand and helped her out my side of the truck as I picked her up and carefully set her down on the gravel.

                I proceeded to take her into the house watching her try to remain calm as she gazed around in amazement. I showered her the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, the room where I liked to relax in that I didn’t know the name of, and the rest of the house.

                “What’s that room?” She asked nervously pointing down the hall to the master bedroom.

                “That’s my room,” I told her with a smile and started leading her back to the porch.

                “Oh, she said her face turning a pinkish color as we sat on the porch and talked a bit longer before she had to go home. I shook my head, clearing the memories and opened the truck door to a smiling Kaleigh.

                “You ready to go?” She asked sweetly as she turned the radio down.

                “Yes ma’am,” I replied as I hopped in the truck.

                She threw a smile my way as she put the truck in reverse and started backing out of the drive. It was quiet till I reached over and turned the radio on letting music fill our ears. Again it was a cd, so I started through it, and as I did I noticed it was a different one than yesterday.

                Ok Kaleigh, I thought to myself, you must have a variety of taste in music considering the songs on this cd range from Tim McGraw to T-pain. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really care about it. I had a variety of taste in music; it just shocked me that Kaleigh did too.

                I quickly found a song I recognized and leaned back into my seat and let the radio play. I had a feeling that today was going to be a good day. I had plans once we got my bike fixed and I planned on going through with them without a doubt in my mind. I just had to wait for the right time to kick these plans into action. But I know that right time will be here pretty soon, I thought as I glanced at Kaleigh to see her biting her lip as she switched lanes once we got into town

                She seemed to be thinking about something as she guided her truck into a Denny’s parking lot, gazing around trying to find a spot to park before she gave up and parked in the back. She shut it off and removed the keys from the ignition, getting out and swinging the lanyard around her fingers in circles.

                Now that I could get a better view I could see she was wearing a tight pair of jeans and a tank top with a buck on it, with her boots. A silver antler necklace hung around her neck and she had 45 caliber bullet earrings in. Yeah I was checking her out but I know damn well every guy around here was too.

                As I came around the truck she locked the truck and smiled at me and we started off into Denny’s together.

-===============================

A/N

Ok so I’m sorry this was short! I had a hard time writing it because I’m sick =(

 It’s a filler I know but I decided to do it in Brantley’s Point of view so you guys could get some insight into what he thinks about Kaleigh!

                So please tell me what you guys think I would really appreciate it!!!

                Please remember to vote and comment and share this story with your friends!!

                P.S a link with Kaleigh’s outfit will be in the comments ;)

~Katie