Chapter 21- Under The Two Willow Trees

Chapter 21

Brantley’s Point of View

                After we got out of the shower this morning Kaleigh had to go record more at the studio, which she was upset about and I was too. But I had plans for when she got home, last night was only the beginning. A while back I called Kolby to help me plan some things out and get some stuff and now it was finally time for this plan to begin.

                I got down on the floor, reaching under the edge of the bed I grabbed the black velvet box out of the edge of the bed frame where I knew she wouldn’t fine it when she cleaned and made the bed. Groaning, I sat up brushing the box off and using the edge of the bed to pull myself up. I may only be twenty nine but by god I feel old sometimes I swear.

                Shaking my head I stuck the box in my pocket and grabbed my truck and house keys off the dresser, making my way outside after checking the house and making sure it was locked up and good to go. I threw the bags in the bed of the truck that I knew I’d need for later and got in. Backing the truck up and pulling out of the drive, I called Kolby to see if he was ready.

                “Hey bro, you ready? I should be there in about thirty minutes.” I said when he answered the phone.

                “Okay, yeah I should be ready by the time you get here. Now calm down Brant, it’ll all be okay I promise.” He assured me, and through the phone you could hear the smile that he must have had on his face.