chapter 16- Owning The Stage

Chapter 16

Kaleigh’s Point Of View

                “Wait, you want me to do what?” I asked stunned as I stared at the both of them.

                “We want you to fill in for Kelly,” Jason explained again.

                “No, I understood that, but why? I mean, I can’t do that! I’m not even that good, I just sing for fun! It’s never anything serious.” I babbled in response.

                “Kaleigh, babe, you sound amazing I know that myself and I’m not just saying so. Plus I know you know the words to the song she sings with Jason, I heard you belting it out in the shower. You even have your own song wrote that you can perform.” He told me as he came over and grabbed my hands and pulled me to him.

                “How do you know that?” I asked confused.

                “You accidentally wrote it in my book, I found it when I was flipping through it.” He told me as he glanced towards his feet with a smirk.

                “Oh,” I mumbled

                “Now will you please do it? We have to get around for the show now if you are going to.” He asked gazing into my eyes as he pleaded.

                “Fine,” I groaned in response. Despite how annoyed I may have been acting, it was just out of nervousness. Can I really perform in front of all these people for Brantley’s new album?

                “Thank you!” He exclaimed and picked me up into a hug and spun me around before kissing me.

                “Hey, knock that shit off!” Jason laughed, interrupting us. “We have to get around now if we’re going to do this thing.”

                “That’s right, Come on Kaleigh let’s get rocking!” Brantley said as he led us out of the house.

                We made our way towards the stadium that the concert would be held in, and once we arrived Brantley introduced me to those around in the crew then led me to the room where I would be getting around in. He excused himself them, saying something about having to give the notes to my song for the boys to learn them.

                I made my way around the decent sized dressing room and riffled through the clothes hanging up on the rack, I assumed they were for Kelly because they seemed like the style of clothing she’d wear. I found a cute sundress that just so happened to be my size.

 It was a shorter dress that was blue and cream white with a belt separating the middle with a tiny leather bow in the center. The top had a lace overlay on the crème color, whereas the bottom was rose printed navy blue with rose stitching around the hem.

I instantly fell in love with it once I tried it on, then an idea hit me. It would be perfect with my boots. So I quickly pulled my boots on and went over to the mirror and gasped. It hugged my curves perfectly but left some to the imagination without making me look trashy, but instead classy. It was the perfect dress, and I wish it was my own. Just as I went to take it off I heard the door open causing me to whip around and see who was standing there.

“Holy shit Kaleigh, you scared me!” Jason told me as he came in and flopped down on the couch. “Damn, you look good.”

“Thanks,” I replied blushing as I turned back to the mirror to gaze at my image once again. “Tell you what, I’ll pay Kelly for the dress and you just keep it. Wear it on stage tonight; you want to look nice you know.” He told me as he started playing around on his phone not looking up.