Chapter Eleven

*

*

"Tomorrow's the big day!" I squealed as I walked side by side with Cassandra, arms linked.

"I cannot believe I'm going to be 18 tomorrow, and to think, you're here to celebrate with me," she smiled.

"Of course I am, I can't miss out on my best friend's 18th birthday, what type of person would I be if I didn't turn up?" I scoffed, flicking my hair as students made a pathway for us, not daring to look us in the eye.

Having this amount of power pleased me. People saw what I was capable of and instantly knew to show me respect. They saw my authority and whether it was because of my surname or not, it excited me. Although I didn't see my worth, nor did I see what value I held to others, the power and popularity I had in Hilton Secondary School made me feel relevant.

"You left Kingston for two years," she reminded me, raising a brow.

"I sent you gifts at least. Expensive ones," I grinned.

"Oh yeah, because your money and gifts is much better than your actual being here," she joked, making a left turn into the lunch hall, "you know, I have an etiquette class after school today, apparently both our mum's signed us up for it,"

I groaned, "She told me this morning. I was beyond pissed, honestly, I have better things to do than learn how to act like I have multiple sticks up my arsehole,"

She giggled as I took a seat beside Archie, "I'm pretty sure it's much more than that Katie,"

I rolled my eyes and took my lunch out of my bag; a tuna salad and an apple, sneaking a quick glance at Harry who sat beside Tyler.

"I'm guessing by your happiness you haven't heard yet," Tyler spat, grimacing at Holly.

"Her little stunt has landed us in a spot of bother," Archie clenched his fists. Cassandra and I looked around the table in confusion.

I let out a nervous laugh, "Then get out of it-"

"With our parents," Tyler finished.

"Don't piss me off," I muttered, turning to look at Holly.

"She should've given me her notes," she shrugged.

"You might be the most petty person I have ever met. And trust me being petty isn't a good thing," Mikayla threw her sandwich down onto the plate.

"Oh whatever, what are they going to make us do, go down to the church and apologise to Denise, face to face?" she scoffed.