Chapter Nineteen

*

*

Trigger warning.

I woke up that Monday morning and sighed, the last day of our Daddy daughter weekend was a blast, we ate so much food we could barely walk, or even talk and did some farm work. It was fun, it really was. And Nan wasn't even there to witness it, she's been talking to a new boy, eurgh, and was out with him all night. Good for her at least, not many elderly people have the confidence to dip their toe in the cougar pool. Except she didn't dip, she fucking dived and has a new boy toy every year.

"I'm not going into school today mum, I don't feel well," I groaned as she walked in, Coco in her arms.

"Very well then. I'll take Coco on her walk, and then head off to work. I'll have Maria give you some paracetamol," she nodded, leaving the room and shutting the door behind her. I sighed and got up out of bed, walking towards my balcony and taking a seat on one of the lounge chairs. It was absolutely freezing and I was only wearing a bra, underwear and a flimsy robe, but I didn't care.

The sound of clicking filled the air and I looked to see a crowd of paparazzi taking pictures of me from outside our gate. I rolled my eyes and settled in my seat, feeling my legs numb up because of how cold it was. The sound of clicking got louder, and since my parents weren't taking care of it, I knew they had left already.

"This is private property, piss off!" I spat standing up and waving my arms in the air, "I'll call the Feds if you're not away from that gate in the next ten seconds," they all froze, "don't make me count," they all scattered away and left the Darlington residence alone, making me sigh and walk back into my room.

I spotted the paracetamol and glass of water on my night stand and ignored the paracetamol and just drank the water instead. I started to feel better anyways. Despite the way I acted towards him on Saturday, I really appreciated my dad. He was always the one who supported me, helping me through rough times and taking care of me after my breakdowns. Although he understood the Darlington reputation, if I didn't want to follow that path he would support me every step of the way.

It's not like I didn't though. The Darlingtons had an extremely rough history with drugs and scandals but it had changed for quite a bit now. I wished to carry the reputation on, by being respectable and classy, but still being myself. Although I didn't know who that was yet.

A sharp knock interrupted my train of thought, "Miss Katie there's a young man for you," I sighed and shouted a quick come in, not bothering to tie up my robe.

"Katie," Harry gasped, looking at what I was wearing before closing the door.

I raised a brow, "Why are you here?"