The One With The Ruined Life

Dear Mr. Bereta,
    Mr. Bereta, Joe, what now? What will we do now? Everyone is leaving, and everyone is changing. I don't like it. I came back from England to find everyone, different! It seems like everyone wants to leave. At least 5 people are leaving.
Let's start from the top! Anthony and Olivia. I get why they are leaving. The two want to be together, but the drama here just gets in the way. Also, there's Clay here. Although, he hasn't been as bad as I've heard of. Anyway, those two are now on their way to Canada. It's a lovely place up north. I hope they'll be happy there.
Next, Sohinki and Katy! Oh, Sohinki is Matthew, if you didn't know. So, Sohinki's dad is moving up to Northern California with his new wife. Mr. Sohinki's wife happens to be your half sister, Sarah Whittle. Katy got an invite and took it almost right away. She didn't even say goodbye to anyone! Not even Wes. That's for good.
If you didn't hear, Noah is moving to New York for his last year of high school. That probably shocked you. No one knew about it, not even Keith. Noah called me for my advice, which was weird. Come to the unstable person for advice. Anyway, his dad has a one year transfer in New York. Noah will be coming back for college though, which is a good thing.
Flitz, who is Amra, is also leaving. As you know, Mr. Ricketts is moving to another school board, in Northern California. And where Flitz's father goes, Flitz goes. I'm going to miss him. Who is everyone going to talk to now? I'm mostly sad for Boze. Her family just moved here and the person who she knows the best is moving. I still have faith in their relationship. It'll be okay.
Finally, the last person who's leaving. Damien. I nearly cried when he told me. His family has to go back to England for 6 months. We are going to try long distance. I just hope we don't turn into Ian and Katy. But I know we can make it work. I really care for Damien, and I feel like he really cares for me.
More to come???
Love,
    Shayla Peri Dusk Topp

Shayla's POV

I finished writing my name in my notebook when Ian walked up.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Just writing to Mr. Bereta," I told him as I closed my notebook. He nodded and sat down next to me.

"About?" Ian asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Stuff," I told him with a smile. He chuckled.

"What kind of stuff?"

"I'm writing about how everyone's leaving," I said. Ian nodded. "How come everyone's leaving?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe they just, need a break from everyone," Ian suggested.

"I had a break and it was not good!" I told him. He put his arm around me and rubbed my arm.

"What happened to you at that camp?" Ian asked. I took a deep breath.

"They hurt me, and kept on hurting me. I was abused there. They would run tests, to see if I wasn't sick anymore. They changed me!" I cried out. Ian pulled me closer to him and hugged me. I hadn't told anyone about what happened to me. I was suppressing my feelings and all the pain, and now it was all pouring out.

"It's okay Shay," Ian whispered in my ear. "They won't hurt you anymore. I won't let them!" All I did was cry even more.

"I can't sleep at night. Every time I close my eyes, I see the camp. I see those men and women. They walk towards me, and hurt me!" I cried out. Ian began stroking my hair and rubbing my back. That calmed me down a bit. "They changed me! They ruined my life!"

"Shay, don't cry. It'll be okay," he said to me. For some reason, I believed him. My crying got quieter.

"They changed everything! My feelings, my thoughts, the way I dress! Everything!" I told him. Ian pulled away from the hug and looked down at me. It was true. I was always dressed in black. Everything about me had darkened. Inside and out.

"Yes, you've changed, but deep down you are still that little girl who was suppose to marry me!" Ian said. I smiled.

"Ah, thanks Ian!" I said kissing his cheek. "You always know how to make me smile!" Ian smiled back at me.

"You know that offers still up for grabs?" Ian said with a smirk. I chuckled.

"I don't think that Taylor would like that," I said with a smile.

"I guess you're right," Ian said playfully smiling. He squeezed my hand and then left.

"Bye," I mumbled. Something inside me felt different. I didn't know what it was, but it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach. "I'm probably just hungry," I told myself.