The One With The Final Authors Note

Readers,

Hello, it's me, Writer1092! I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet. (Adele❤️)  Anyway, enough song references, because there were plenty. I want to talk to all my readers.

First, I'd like to thank you for reading my series. It's because of you guys that I wrote the second and third book. And a special thanks goes out to all of those people who voted and commented on almost every chapter. I'm so thankful to have such a nice group of people reading my books. Now, I'd like to tell you a little more about my books and the process of making them.

Book 1, Time Of Our Lives. This book was named after the Pitbull song, Time Of Our Lives. The finale copy that you guy read was not what I originally had planned.
     To start off with, the character of Katy wasn't supposed to be in the books, but I decided to add her as the main character.
     Ian and Katy were supposed to be dating, but I decided against it, because it would add a little more to the story.
     Courtney and Shayne were going to be the main ship, but in the end I chose Anthony and Olivia. (THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!)
     I changed the name of one of my OCs. It use to be Shayln Topp but I changed it to Shayla Topp for personal reasons.
     Finally, the story was mostly going to be told in Mari's POV, but I decided to do other people's POV's instead.

Book 2, Counting Stars. This book was named after OneRepublic's song, Counting Stars. There were many things that I didn't originally plan in this book.
     First, Sohinki and Belle were going to be dating but I decided to make Belle date Lasercorn, and I added Marhinki to my story.
     Ian and Katy were supposed to date from the beginning but I put Wes in there to add drama.
     Clay Billings was supposed to be the third oc, in replacement of Shayla. However, I made him into the bad guy of the book. And yes, the name Clay is from 13 Reasons Why.
    Shayla wasn't supposed to come back, she was only supposed to be in the first book.
    The 3 chapters about the Halloween party was inspired by 13 Reasons Why. (If you couldn't tell, I like 13 Reasons Why)
Going to England was never the original plan. In fact, I didn't have an exact idea on how I wanted the book to end, but they weren't supposed to go to England.
    Lastly, none of the couples were going to break up, but without them breaking up, the story would have been blah!

Book 3, Farewell, named after a song, like the other two. Farewell is named after a Simple Plan song, Farewell. This had to be the hardest book for me to write.
     Originally, the third book was supposed to be called Like A Friend, which is a song.
     I was contemplating whether or not I was going to name it Farewell or Good Riddance, after the Green Day song.
    Boze and Damien weren't going to be in the book, but I added them and took out Clay.
    There was never going to be a 5 year time skip, but I was having writers block and decided to do a time skip.
    Shayla, who wasn't originally going to be in the book, was going to be much darker then she was, but I thought it would be too dark. If you looked at her outfits, they were all black.
    I made an alternate ending because I wanted to try and please you, the readers, and piss you off too.
    To end with, there was going to be another book, but I thought ending it at three was good.

So, there you have it Uncle Joe! That's just some of the things I changed in my books. If you ever want me to write a spinoff book about some of the characters before or after High School, maybe I will. Or if you want a story about what happened in England or maybe a summer story, maybe I will. I could even write a story about Shayla's experience in England.

Feel free to request some story ideas. You could even request another type of Smosh series. It's up to you. I'll try my best to write it.

Thanks for reading and I've hoped you've had the time of your life. Sorry, I'll stop with all the song references.

Sincerely,

Writer1092