Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

When we got home, we all went upstairs and then once dinner was ready, we went downstairs.

"So, how was the first day girls?" Aunt Miracle asked.

"We made a new friend." Jasmine said

"Really?" she said.

"Yeah, she totally hates our guts and would do anything to make our lives miserable." I said and then the 3 of us laughed.

"Well then, you shouldn't worry about her. Bullies are Bullies." She said and then we continued eating. Tonight, Nathan was in charge of washing the dishes, so Jasmine and I went upstairs and got ready for bed.

"GOOD NIGHT CRAZY!" She yelled.

"GOOD NIGHT DORK!" I yelled and we both laughed. We woke up and did the usual. The school day went by really fast actually. Jasmine said Bethany gave her stares but didn't speak to her, so I guess that's kinda good. And we barely saw her all day. We were walking down the halls when Hilary stopped us.

"Can we help you?" I asked.

"So, apparently, you two are cheerleaders now because your coach back in Florida thought you two still deserved to be on a squad or whatever."

"Are you here to tell us everything we already know or-"I said.

"I'm getting there. Anyways, there's cheer practice after school 4pm. Don't be late." She said and we smiled.

"Hey You." Mason said walking up to Hilary. He was with who I assume is Ryan. He was about to give her a kiss.

"Lip-gloss. I have lip-gloss on." She said pushing him away.

"Oh Hey Lauren." He said to me.

"Stevenson. We still up for that arm wrestle tomorrow?" I said and he looked like he was about to speak until Hilary spoke up.

"Excuse me. Who gave you the right to talk to my boyfriend?"

"I think, I gave myself the right because we live in America and I have my rights to speak." I said and then Mason, Ryan and Jasmine laughed.

"Oh whatever. Mason, I'll see you after school." She said walking away.

"Nice Girlfriend cowboy." I said.

"Why do you keep on calling me cowboy?"

"A little birdy told me that when you were six years old, you and your family went on a vacation to Texas and you never wanted to leave. You guys were only there for a month but when you got back to school, you dressed like you were still in Texas and spoke in a Southern accent for a year." I said.

"Who told you that?" he asked and then he turned around to Ryan.

"She made me."

"How? How did she make you?"

"She looked at me and asked me for some stories about you." He said and I motioning him to shut up.

"But that doesn't mean that you-wait." He said turning back to me. "Why do you want to know stories about me?"

"You know, for blackmail. Duh." I said.

"Right...."

"I don't want to be rude." Jasmine said. "Hi, I'm-"

"We know who you are." Ryan said.

"You Do?" Jasmine and I said.

"Yeah, you're Nathan's cousin." Ryan said.

"And Kyle's new girlfriend." Mason added.

"I'm not his girlfriend. Where did you hear that?" she said freaking out.

"Woah. Calm down. I was just kidding."

"Right, it was a joke. I gotta go, see you later Lauren." She said walking away.

"So, about that arm wrestle..." I said and we both smiled "evilly". "Tomorrow before first period. Be there." I said getting closer.

"Are you sure?" he asked getting lower so we were face to face.

"Of course I am! Why are you scared Stevenson? Too chicken to arm wrestle with a girl? Scared to lose?"

"No way! It's on like donkey Kong!" he said looking in my eyes and I looked in his. Ryan was very uncomfortable and once I realized, I stopped.

"Anyways, I gotta get to class. Bye Ryan! See you around cowboy!" I said then left.

Mason's POV

"What was that?" Ryan asked.

"What was what?"

"That." He said giving me an evil look. "With Lauren..."

"What about it?"

"Dude, you're going out with Hilary."

"What are you talking about?  Lauren is not-I don't-Lauren Garcia is just a girl in my first period. We got along quickly and we like to compete in different things. She's not like the other girls. She's like one of the guys."

"Oh. Ok. Well then, see you later alligator!"

"No one says that anymore Ryan."

"They don't?" he asked and a shook my head.