42- Daniel

"Em Daniel's on the phone," Charlotte said as Emily waddled down the stairs.
"I don't really feel like talking to him," she said glumly; walking into the kitchen.

Charlotte frowned.

"It's Daniel...why don't you want to talk to him?"
"Because I don't feel like it!" She snapped.
"Alright, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" She asked standing up.
"I just didn't sleep well," she whispered quietly. "I'm going to go back to bed."
"Okay," she replied.

Emily waddled back up the stairs and shut herself back into the bedroom.

"Daniel something's up with Em," Charlotte said putting the phone back up to her ear.
"What kind of wrong? Is something wrong with the baby?" He asked panicked.
"I don't know, ever since Tuesday morning she's shut herself up in your bedroom, I havn't seen her eat a thing, she hasn't left the house. Thomas keeps asking me where mummy is and I take him up to the bedroom but she's either asleep or the doors locked and she won't let us in," she replied.
"Let me talk to her," he begged; his urgency ringing through the phone.
"She doesn't want to talk to you," she replied. "She doesn't want to even mention your name."
"Charlotte let me talk to her."
"I can try," she said climbing the stairs.

"Em can you let me in please," she said knocking on the door to the bedroom.
"Go away."
"Daniel wants to talk to you," she said.
"I don't want to talk to him, go away," she replied.

"Charlotte put me on speaker," Daniel said.

She hit the button on her phone and his voice could be heard from the bedroom.

"Emi talk to me," his voice pleaded.
"I don't want to!" she snapped harshly.
"Is something wrong?" he asked. "What's up honey?"
"Nothing! Daniel I'm fine, please just stop talking to me!"
"Is something wrong with the baby?"
"Nothing is wrong!" She snapped.
"So why aren' you talking to me?!" His voice was becoming beyond desperate.
"I DON'T WANT TO!" She yelled.

The phone went quiet and Charlotte stumbled back down the stairs will it in her hand. Back in the bedroom, tears poured down Emilys' face, she didn't know what to do next.

There was no doubting that Daniel was having an affair, it was obvious. The look of pure pleasure on both his and the woman's face, it couldn't be anything different.

How could he do this to her? 3 years of marriage, nearly 4. A child and a baby on the way. He goes away for a week, ssupposedly for business, and he ends up having an affair.

Was this the first time? Or had he done it before, had this whole marriage been a lie? Once again the tears came rolling down her face. What would she do now? She didn't want anything to do with him...but...but, she put her hand on her stomach. She didn't have a choice, she couldn't just run away, she had been set up, been the mother of his children, been set up in a trap, been his wife. She had been in love. She didn't know how to think...she loved him, so dearly, but behind her love was a fire; a fire burning with rage, and if she didn't put it out soon it was going to destroy her, and the people she loved.

"Look Daniel I can't do anything about it, she won't talk to me, you heard her, she's angry and upset," Charlotte said,
"I don't know how else to get through to her," he sighed in return.
"You'll be home tomorrow, you can talk to her then. I'll see you at the airport," she replied.
"Thanks Charlotte, I'll see you then."