01

" people like you are rare, "

"i think you should leave him," was the first thing he said right after hearing my story about my over-obsessive boyfriend

"woojin-ah, do you really think i can leave him? especially at a crucial time like this? his mom not too long ago got hospitalized and he has no one other than his younger brother!" i groan at him, but he let out an effortless laugh.

"you see, if you put it like that, then yeah, you shouldn't leave him," he laugh.

"just, leave as soon as possible when you can. guys like him are dangerous," he says.

ah, high school, the peak of everyone's lives, right? no.

"ara! woojin! over here!" someone yells from far away, right at the end of the cafeteria room.

the both of us peaked our heads up, at the direction of the loud yell and there was daehwi running towards our table.

ah, lee daehwi – my annoying brother that's literally older than me by just a month.

he arrives at our table, panting, putting his lunch bag on the table, gulping down a huge amount of water so that he wouldnt die right here and there.

he pushes me to the side, then sits right beside me, smiling widely. "sooo~" he cooed

"what were you guys talking about while i was gone?" he excitedly questions.

daehwi and i take the same classes. we study the same subjects and even take the same after school courses — yeah, a bummer, right?

as for woojin, since he's a senior, he's in a different class, takes up different subjects but ; the three of us take up the same after school courses.

woojin and daehwi go all the way back in the womb, well maybe not. they were in the same elementary school, got separated during middle school but as soon as he got back, they were inseparable again. they do everything together.

the only reason how i got close to woojin was because whenever he hung out at our place, our mom would always force me to interact with the boys— like as if i had no social life back then? damn.

the bell rings, lunch has ended. daehwi pouts. "ah, i havent even gotten to eat a damn thing in here!"

he immediately shoves the bread into his mouth, who the hell thought that that was a good idea? no one, only lee daehwi.

"well, i gotta go, dance practice is next," woojin coughs, standing up, adjusting his uniform.

"oh, and remember what i said, okay?" he reassures me, again – i smile, and i nod.

"people like you are rare, i — i mean we..." he stutters, then looks at daehwi and back at me.

"we can't afford to lose people like you to insane people like him," he sheepishly smiles, then running off to class.

"geez, what's up with that guy?" daehwi laughs, chugging down his milk.

i rest my chin on the palm of my hand, watching the boy running off to his class, "i dont know," i say.

"i dont know," i say - for the second time.