10

" please stay for awhile "

     "come on! let's go to the next ride!" daehwi excitedly points to the rollercoaster which is filled with tons of swirls

     i whined, "that's terrifying!", my palms were sweaty. "oh come on! you dont have to be afraid," my brother smiles.

     "aw, is that because i have my older brother to protect me?" i emphasized on the word 'older'.

     daehwi scoffs and jokingly rolls his eye, "no, woojin can protect you— every man for himself,".

     woojin laughs, wraps his arm around my shoulder. "i'll protect you, dont worry," before continuing on with, "now we all know who's the first one to betray us during a zombie apocalypse!"

      right after the day at the amusement park ended, all three of us went separate ways. woojin went home and my brother and i had dinner with my family downtown.

and after the night ended, we headed back home. at the front porch, someone called out my name. "lee ara!", the voice— so familiar.

i turned around, i was being greeted by my ex boyfriend, jungwoo. my heart skipped a beat, i was terrified. "oh! it's jungwoo, nice to see you!" my mom warmly hugged him.

the thing about my breakup with jungwoo is, my mom and dad has no idea about him hurting me. only my brother.

"good evening, mrs lee," he smiles. "ara, can i talk to you?" he grabs my arm gently, looking at me, with eyes filled with guilt.

i looked at my mom, hoping that she'd say something like "im sorry but ara's busy," but no! she says, "go ahead, sweetie, talk to him," with a warm smile placed on her lips.

before my family enters the house, daehwi whispers into my ear, "scream if you're in trouble," before going in.

i sigh, looking at jungwoo. "what do you want?" i ask. he looks down, still holding my hand, "i want us to reunite," he exclaims.

i raised my eyebrow at him. "i want to get back together!" he raises his voice. i laugh, "but i dont want to," was all i said.

"i know i've hurt you, and im so sorry, i just— i loved you too much, i didnt want to lose you," his voice hoarse.

"im sorry, but— i dont feel the same way about you anymore," i say, trying to get out of his grip but he wouldnt let me.

there was a pause, before he spoke — "who's the guy?". i looked at him confused, he scoffs, "dont look at me like that,"

"who's the guy that you're magically in love with?" he continued. i stuttered, "n.. no one," was all i could say.

"then why dont you love me?" he raises his voice, gripping on my wrists firmly and harder this time round. "i just dont, okay!" i tried to talk, calmly, because i dont want daehwi to see any of this.

"get away from me," i tried to escape but each time i try, each time his strength gets harder and harder. it was getting painful that i swear i had tears forming.

as if on cue, the phone in my bad rang and showed "incoming call — woojin!! 🐶🍼". goddamnit, i cant possibly answer his call now, not at a time like this!

"who's that?" jungwoo sternly asks, i shrug. "so is he the guy that you're in love with instead of me?" i shook my head aggressively.

"no! no! he's just my best friend!" i nervously laugh. i tried to get answer his call when jungwoo took my other hand and harden his strength on both of them.

"why are you doing this?" i slowly spoke, tears already slowly falling. "i love you, ara, he doesnt deserve you!"

"what do you mean?"

"park woojin doesnt deserve someone like you," he repeats. "how much attention has he given you ever since he met hana?"

i was speechless, suddenly, i couldnt feel any pain anymore. "how many times has he laugh and smile with you ever since he hung out with hana?"

"shut up, jung jungwoo!" i raised my voice, pushing him away, finally, i got out of his grip. the last thing i did was slapped him, before running into the house, locking the door— running into my bedroom, locking it.

the tears rolled down my cheeks, i plunged my face into my pillow, crying. not only am i hurt, physically— but i was also hurt, inside.

the words that got out of jungwoo's mouth really affected me. all i could think of was how true his words were.

i curled up on my bed, my knees up to my chest, i sob. that was until someone knocked on my window.

the only person who knows how to get inside by my window is just my brother, me and woojin. daehwi is in his room, unaware.

woojin's the only guy left. shit shit shit shit. he cant see me like this! he has never seen me like this!

the windows opened and i stopped crying, i tried to make it seem like as if i was okay. "ara! are you okay? i called you more than ten times!" he was concerned— like i said, he will show you he loves you in ways you dont expect.

"i'm... i'm oka–okay!" i hiccuped. shit! now he knows im crying.

"ara, you're crying... w– why?" he got on the bed beside me.

"dont come near me," i say.

"talk to me," was all woojin said that made me fall deeper into him. my heart pounds. as much as i want to talk to him, i shook my head.

there was a long silence, before he spoke— "ara, talk to me. it... it kills me at how you're hurt but you dont want to talk about it,"

"i care for you! i'm always here for you, you know that! i'll protect you, i'm your best friend!" his deep voice only made me fall deeper.

'best friend', that's right— best friend– that's all i'll ever be. it's not like we were meant to be more than that anyways.

i uncurled myself from my knees, and looked into the eyes of the boy who was sitting right next to me on my bed.

his eyes got bigger, his mouth ajar, he didnt know what to say and i wouldnt blame him for it. his fingers crawled on my face, wiping away my tears for me.

i stared at him, he stared at me— he got closer. what was he about to do? kiss me again? it cant happen. right when he was about to lean in, i hugged him tight, wrapping my two arms around his neck.

slowly, his hands tightly hugs me back too. i buried my face in the nape of his neck.

i sobbed, slowly whispers, "please stay for awhile,"

a/n : im crying i dreamt of woojin i love
him so much when will this be me