16

" i want to protect you "

[ a/n : bcs my man is the damn center ] —

     "really, ara, you couldve just told me!" woojin pulled me into a corner of the hallway, beside the locker, glaring at me.

     i roll my eyes, "tell you what!". his tone got deeper, that means he's serious now— and when he's serious, it gets scary. "tell me that hana has been threatening you all this while!" he raises his voice

     "it doesnt matter, okay?" i sigh, trying to brush the situation off. he scoffs, he effortlessly laughs, "it does matter!"

     "and why does it matter so much to you?" i fold my arms, looking right up at the boy in front of me.

     he rubs the back of his neck, then putting his hands in his back pocket, "because i want to protect you, alright?" he exclaims, not making eye contact.

     i feel my cheeks heating up, i turn red once again. "y.. you.." i stutter, looking at him. "what makes you think that you can protect me?"

     "because one, im older. two, im stronger than your weak brother. three, im kinda well known. four, when everyone sees me with you, they'll be scared to even be near you!" he sheepishly smiles.

his smile made me crack a smile myself. "i hate you, park woojin," i teased him, laughing. "i love you too, ara!" he giggles, ruffling my hair before walking off with me to the cafeteria.

     right after school ended, us four planned to head to get some lunch but woojin had dance practice. "come on, man, just skip your practice!" jinyoung whines, hoping woojin would agree.

     "i cant, jinyoung, i'm the leader for a reason," he does that 'hMpF' thing, acting all "leader like". i bursted out laughing, "what a joke," i roll my eyes

      "if that's the case then what will the three of us do—" daehwi was about to finish his sentence when hana stepped into our conversation, stuttering, her legs like jelly.

     everyone stopped talking, and looked at her. woojin's eyes were darting onto her, his smile turned into a serious expression, he secretly holds onto my hand, tight, pulling me behind him.

     "oh, hana?" jinyoung says. "oh, hello," she bows to us. "ca.. can i talk to ara?" she stutters, not looking at daehwi, jinyoung or me— instead, she looks at woojin.

     woojin laughs, "what for? so you can threa—" i stopped him, "it's.. it's okay," i reassured him. he nods, "sure, let's talk," i placed a warm smile on my lips, walking over to hana.

     woojin stopped me, he whispers, "take care of yourself" and my heart skipped a beat. as i walk towards hana, i see woojin whispering something to both my brother and jinyoung but i just ignored.

     "oh– and have fun at practice!" i wave at him. his serious expression quickly turned into a lively and into a happy person. he smiles back.

hana wanted to talk at the new cafe that was a five minutes walk from our school. i went along with it. when we arrived, she kept urging me to order something to drink, and that she'd pay.

when our drinks arrived, she started the conversation first. she was still scared about what happened earlier with woojin, i guess— she couldnt look at me in the eyes the entire time.

"im sorry," she starts off. inside, i was laughing. outside, i looked like i pitied her. "i guess, i was too caught up in making woojin like me that i didnt realize that i was hurting the ones he love," she adds on

"and, id rather not hurt woojin's loved ones and make him happy, than to just hurt him indirectly," she explains. i just continued nodding my head.

"maybe that would be the last time i'd ever interact with him, you know? but i need your help," she sighs, finally looking into my eyes. i could tell that she was sincere, this time

"can you tell woojin that i'm sorry, i– i know he wouldnt listen to me. but he loves you, and he surely will. and if it's possible," she drags. "our senior year is ending, and our graduation prom is coming up, can you possibly tell him that i– i want to have one last dance with him before we graduate?"

my eyes widened, i was having too much fun with woojin that i forgot that it's his last year in this school with us before he graduates. plus, our finals are coming up in two months. right after that, woojin would be graduating and it's all happening so fast.

"a.. ara?" hana snapped me out of my thoughts, i got back into reality. "oh," i sheepishly smile. "sure!" i smile and she does the same.

"but that doesnt mean that i wont give up on him," she suddenly blurts out. i was taken aback, what the hell does she mean by that?

"i wont talk to him anymore but, i wont give up," she smiles. hana literally turned 180 degrees. i was shocked.

ding!

a new text message from woojin!! 🐶🍼:
are you okay? is she hurting you?
are you in need of help? i can skip my
practice to help you

i laugh to myself. hana snatches the phone away from me. her smile disappeared, she groans, standing up, throwing my phone back at me.

"this hasnt end yet!" she yells at me before stomping away. my eyes widened, i laugh at her. beats me, at least i didnt storm outta here showing a damn attitude.

a/n: MY MAN DEBUTED !! PARK WOOJIN
DEBUTED !! SPREAD THE WORD !!

a/n: MY MAN DEBUTED !! PARK WOOJIN DEBUTED !! SPREAD THE WORD !!

ah, he looked so nervous throughout the entire show.
im so ready to love and support him with all my might. you've made it, park woojin!

update!:
i saw youngmin at the back and i got triggered