Part 2: Chapters 6-11

6

Never Trust a Stranger's Driving

It didn't take long for us to stop moving again. When my feet touched solid ground once more, I looked around for anything that I recognized. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything familiar. I was surrounded by tall, dilapidated buildings. They looked like they had been abandoned for years. What had not been abandoned for years was the two sporty black cars that sat before us. If you weren't close, you might never see them. The lights had been covered by dark glass and the emblems on the side were a metallic black, matching the paint exactly. The windows were tinted so dark, that it was hard to believe that anyone would be able to see out of them, even on the brightest day. Even the places where a license plate would normally be was completely dark.

"Get in." the man named Reed ordered me as he opened up the passenger side door of the car closest to where we stood.

"No way", I said, shaking my head.

Reed chuckled. "Either get into the car, or I am going to let Pete here make you and trust me, that will be very unpleasant for you".

A man stepped closer to me. His face set in hard lines. His body massive. Muscles rippled out of his sleeveless shirt and down his arms. He had to be the biggest man I had ever seen. It only took him two slow steps forward to make me surrender and get into the car.

Within a flash, the other doors were slamming, people piling into our car. I blinked at the blonde haired man who had just appeared in the driver's seat. "How can this guy move so fast?" I thought.

He looked over at me with a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Buckle up, Missy". He said.

When I didn't move, he heaved a sigh and leaned over me to grab my seat belt and buckle it for me. As he reached, his body pressed against mine and I tried to be as still as possible, even holding my breath. I didn't want to smell the scent of blood, face paint, or whatever else he might have gotten himself into during his massacre of all those people.

Before I could bring my mind back down to reality, he had started the car and peeled off down the street. If I thought earlier events had scared me, I hadn't seen his driving yet. We were flying down the highway, out of town. I wasn't sure how fast we were going, but I was more than certain that it was above any speed limit that I had ever seen.

"Whoa, slow down! You are going to get us all killed!" I barked at him. One of my panic attacks was setting in as we went air born over a dip in the road.

His only response was a chuckle which was echoed by the passengers in the back seat.

We must have been driving like that for an hour or so. My breath catching at every bend in the road as we slid around at unheard of speeds. Tears had begun to fall freely down my face with every mile farther from my home. Who would miss me? Would Cora? Since my dad had died, she had made it clear that she was not my biggest fan. Would she even care that I was gone? After the wave of home sickness began to leave, the tears changed and began to flow for a whole new reason. Lily. What had happened to her? Had she made it out? Was she looking for me? My heart wanted to believe that she had survived, but my mind knew that no one except me had made it out of that tent alive.

Shivers ran down my back and limbs as my mind wandered back to the present. I was in a car, with a group of manic, psycho killers. "Shit".

7

You Mean a Castle?

As we drove, the trees lining the side of the road gradually became thicker. At one point, the trunks were getting so close together, I couldn't tell one from another in the darkness. They made a giant wall, closing in around us as the two cars followed each other down the stretch of road. My eyes were glued out the windows, my mind shutting down, being overwhelmed by my situation and the silence that had engulfed the passengers in our car.