Chapter 1

Today was finally the day, Thursday 24th June, the day we were moving to our new house. It was by the beach, which was the main reason why I wanted Mum to pick it. I helped Mum load the last of our bags into the car, while placing Jake into his car seat. I walked back into the house for the last time as I did a final scan of each room to make sure we had everything. I shut the front door letting out a big sigh, it is going to be weird leaving everything behind, but it’s the right time and I’m looking forward to the fresh new start we were going to have in Exeter.

“Lottie, have you been to the toilet, it’s a long drive!” My mum asked, as I got into the car.

“Mum, I’m 17, I don’t need reminding when to go to the toilet!” I replied, shutting the car door and putting on my seatbelt.

“Did you pick up Jake's bag from the living room?” She asked, with worry in her voice, she was scared that we had forgotten something like we did when we were on holiday last year, we left Jake's bag on the plane!

“Mum, don’t worry I’ve checked the house, we have everything, just drive!” I replied as I turned to Jake who was starting to drift off to sleep.

Jake is my little brother, he is 18 months, and a little rascal to say the least!

It was a long drive to our new house, it was suppose to take us just under 3 hours when it actually too 3 and a half hours luckily Jake slept for most of the journey. When we pulled up the drive way to our new house I couldn’t wait to get my room all sorted, we let Olly our chocolate Labrador out the back of the car letting him into the house to have a run round. 

Jake was now complaining that he was hungry. I unbuckled him from his car seat and carried him and his backpack into the house. I sat him on the floor and opened up his bag, giving him some cut up fruit which I made before we left.

The removal van still hadn’t arrived yet and they called to say that they were still another 30 minutes away so we decided to go and get some food from the shops as Mum and I were pretty hungry. It was coming up to 1.30pm, we drove for around 10 minutes until we found a Tesco, we only got a few things as we couldn’t get things that needed to be in the fridge yet as we didn't have the fridge. We had to rush back as we needed to be in for when the removal men got here. Arriving back home we got their just in time as the removal men were just pulling up in front of the house.

“Right, we need to know which rooms are whose, if one of you could stick the name of which room is whose on each door, so we know where the boxes need to go would be really helpful.” One of the removal men said whilst handing me some paper and a pen. I wrote down the name of the rooms and stuck the signs to each doors. The men then started to bring in the boxes and furniture. Within 2 hours everything was in the house and it was starting to look like a home again.  I went up to Jake’s room placing him into his cot, for his nap. I helped Mum unpack his clothes placing them into his chest of draw and finally emptying his toys, placing them into the corner of his room.

I then went into my room, I unpacked my clothes, placing them into my wardrobe and chest of draws. In this house I got a room which had an en-suite which I was super excited about, I walked in to my bathroom bringing my bathroom box with me, I fixed my brown curly hair. I re-applied my mascara and went back into my bedroom. Luckily the internet had been set up before we came so I got my laptop out, opening Skype. I told Lily that I’d Skype her when I got here.

*SKYPE CALL*

Lo: "Hey, Lily, can you hear me?"

Li: "Lottie, I can’t hear you, can you hear me?"

Lo: "Yes, I can hear you, can you hear me?"

This is what most of our Skype call consists of, can you hear me? Can you see me?

Lo: "Forget this I'll just call you!"

I closed Skype, getting my iPhone out of my pocket, I scrolled through my contacts to call Lily.

Lo: "Hey, I can’t believe I have actually moved! I miss you so much already and I only saw you yesterday!"

Li: "I miss you too, how is it down there? How are JJ and your mum?"

Lo: "Yeah, they are both good thanks, Jake's asleep at the moment."

“Lottie, can you come down and help me in the kitchen please?” I heard my mum calling from downstairs,

Lo: "I've got to go, I’ll call you later."

Li:" Bye, see you soon."

We had a deal that we would never say goodbye, we’d only say see you later.

I went down to see Mum leaning half in a box. The kitchen items were scattered everywhere, over the kitchen table, the floor, you name it something was there!

“Right, you pass me the things and I’ll put them into the cupboard.” I said whilst standing on a kitchen chair.

30 minutes later, we both stopped and looked at each other, Jake was crying upstairs. I got down from the chair and went upstair to get him. I opened the door, to see Jake crying with hair sticking up in all directions. He was leaning over the side of the cot waiting for someone to get him out. I picked him up and got his blanket, carrying him downstairs to the kitchen where Mum was putting the last few bits away.

“I’m going to go take Olly on a walk, I’ll take Jake with me if you want?” 

“Yeah, thats fine, don’t be too long though, I don’t want you out in the dark and remember to take you phone with you.” She replied now wondering into the living room.

I begun the search for the box Olly’s lead was in. I remember I’d placed it in the box labelled "Important Stuff” but goodness knows where that box had gone. A good 10 minutes later, I finally found it. It was in the upstairs hallway, goodness knows who thinks that the hall is the place for an “important stuff” box!

I got my shoes on and put JJ’s shoes on too, I placed the lead onto Olly and we were now all ready to explore our new neighbourhood. I opened the door and helped Jake out of the house, we walked down the driveway where I held Jake's hand and we begun to walk down the road, he tends to run off when he’s excited and the last thing I wanted so I made sure he was in tight grasp of my hand! I didn’t know the area so I decided to walk and when we begin to get tired we would just turn around and walk back. We walked down our road before we got to a junction, I decided to turn right as I saw a park in the distance.  

"Park!" Jake shouted excitedly. We walked into the park, where I let Olly of his lead for a run around while Jake rolled around in the grass.

“Ball! Ball!” Jake shouted, a group of 4 boys were on the grass playing football,

“Your balls at home JJ, we can play with it later.” I said to him as he begun to run towards the boys, I jogged over to him, he was now trying to grab the ball from one of the boys when suddenly one of them caught my eye straight away.

“I’m so sorry, he loves balls!” I laughed as I went to pick Jake up.

“Ahh, no worries he can play with it.” The boy with curly brown hair said.

I hope you like the first chapter :D 

Let me know what you think of it, commenet or message me. I'd love to hear what you all think :) 

Vote. Comment  and Share :) 

K x