Chapter 26

"Do you want to do some baking Jake?" I asked.

"YEAHH!" Jake shouted, before running into the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the cupboard to see what we had.

"We are going to have to pop to the shops Brad, we have no ingredients." I called to Brad, who was searching for a recipe on the laptop.

"Go and find your shoes Jake. We need to go to the shop first." I told Jake while pointing to the hall way. I went into the living room getting my phone and placing it in my back pocket. Then back into the hall and put my shoes on.

"Right, sit on the stairs and I'll put your shoes on." I said to Jake, who had his left shoe on his right foot!

We didn't have Jake's car seat so we decided to walk. I got Olly's lead and walked out of the door. Brad walked Olly, while I carried a tired Jake.

"You better not be tired when we get home! We need your help baking, buddy!" Brad told Jake, who was falling asleep on my shoulder.

We got to Tesco where we decided that we were just going to get a box cake mix instead of getting in all the individual ingredients. Jake picked Peppa Pigs Muddy Puddle cupcakes. We went to the chocolate isle and got some sweets and finally got some drinks before going to the checkout. Jake had fallen asleep on me on the walk back.

"I swear he sleeps for England!" I laughed looking over to Jake, he was dribbling on over my shoulder!

"Is there his blanket in the bag to put over my shoulder?" I asked, Brad went through the back pack and got a muslin cloth, placing it on my shoulder.

We arrived back home, where I put Jake on the sofa. I went in the kitchen to get everything ready. I placed an apron over my head and gave one to Brad. I tied my hair into a high pony and finally washed my hands.

"You want a sweet?" Brad asked with a mouthful of sweets handing from his mouth!

"You pig! I thought they were to share!" I huffed.

"That why I was offering them to you!" He laughed, trying to hide the now nearly empty packet behind his back. I went into the living room to wake him Jake up to bake the cupcake.

I rolled his sleeved up and placed him on my knee while he leant over the sink, where he washed his hand.

"Peppa!" Jake said pointing to the box.

I placed the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and gave Jake a spoon to mix it. I turned around to get the box with the instructions on where I suddenly hear Jake giggling. I turned back to see a cloud of the flour mix in front of Jake's face!

"Wow!" I laughed, not know what to say. Jake was still in fits of giggles! I took him of the stool and placed him on the flour dusting the flour of his face.

Brad walked in with my laptop placing it on the work surface, he opened it up and put on the radio where Wildheart came on.

"I love this song!" I teased, winking at Brad.

"That's funny I do too!" He chuckled, he began to sing along while we carried on making the cupcakes.

We put them in the oven and set the timer for 12 minutes. I began to tidy up the kitchen, Jake had managed to get every utensils dirty as well as all the surfaces and floor! Before long the buzzer went off. Brad took the cupcakes out of the oven and left them to cool.

"Do they look yummy?" I asked Jake while I lifted him up to see them cooling.

"Let's make the icing while we wait for them to cool." I said while placing Jake back down. I emptied the bag labelled "Icing Mix" into bowl and added some water. I then brought the cooled cakes over and Jake added the "muddy puddle" to each cake.

"Peppa!" He pointed to the icing that went on top.

"They look lovely! Here take this one to Brad." I said to Jake, carefully handing him a cake. He ran into the living room where Brad was on FaceTime to Nat.

"Here!" Jake said shoving the cake into Brad's face.

"Wow! They look amazing!" Brad said sounding as enthusiastic as possible!

I came and sat next to Brad and put Jake on my lap where we ate our cakes

"Hey Nat" I waved at the iPad.

I hadn't seen or really spoken to Nat since I left Birmingham so it was nice to have a little catch up.

"I'm going to set my room up for tomorrow, and get the airbed from Tris'. Can you watch Jake for a bit?" I asked while placing the rubbish in the bin.

"Sure." He replied as I put my shoes on. I went across the road and rang the doorbell.

"Hey, I was just about to come over with the bed!" Tristan laughed, the airbed was slumpted the at the bottom of the stairs,

"Thanks for letting me borrow it." I smiled as I bent down to pick it up.

"I'll carry it!" He demanded taking it from my arms. I opened the door wide enough for him so he could fit through.

"Do you have you key?" I asked making sure the door didn't slammed,

"No, just stay there I'll take this up to your room and I'll be back." He replied. He is never organised.

Once Tris came back I said my goodbyes and went back to sort the house out. We spent the rest of the days cleaning up and trying to entertain Jake. Before bed, I gave Mum a quick call to see how she was getting on, and to confirm she was coming home tomorrow and not tonight.

"Yeah, she's coming home tomorrow, so I guess that means you can stay." I smiled while I put my phone on the bed side table.

"You're going to have to introduce me to her soon. It's soon going to be to hard to hide!" Brad sighed.

"I'm scared what she's going to say, I don't want her to be disappointed with me" I said quietly, not looking at Brad otherwise it would set me off. Don't cry Lottie I repeated to myself.

When are they going to tell Lottie's Mum and what is she going to say! Or will Lily even tell her Mum?

Lily's coming tomorrow (next chapter :p) How will she get on with the boys?

Comment, Vote and Share :D

K x