Back To Square One

I was at ease. He was at home. I hated how I was so worried about him. I hated that I care. As I was holding on to him, my chest started to burn. The pain was unbearable it was as if my skin was about to rip apart. I instantly let go of Damien. He looks at me through his thick eyelashes with hurt eyes, before I can tell him about the pain, my legs give up and I fall to the ground clutching my chest. I scream out in pain. Black dots start to appear in my vision, I shake my head trying to get my mind off the pain. As I try to speak up another strike hits me, making me scream twice as hard and feel myself shake in pain. This pain is worse than my first shift.

"Parker listen to me, keep your eyes open," I hear a soft whisper. I look around for the source of the sound and see that my mate had picked me up and was running out of the house. I nod my head and lose my conscious.

* * *

I wake up to yelling. So loud that it caused me shake in my bed. It hurt. The pain in my chest hit me again, but harder. I screamed and cried out in pain.

"DO SOMETHING SHE IS IN PAIN, DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU DOC, HELP HER!" Damien screamed at the doctor who had become my personal doctor for the past few weeks.

"Damien I can't. Her wolf is trying to resurface. She needs her mate," the Doctor tells me and another strike hits me.

"I'M HER MATE. HELP HER," Damien yelled. He had called me his mate, wow first time hearing your mate call you 'mate' is when you are about to die from the unbearable pain. Convenient right?

"Alpha why didn't you say so? We could have saved the Luna so much pain," the doctor explains looking shocked at Damien's statement.

"Don't tell me what to do. Just stop her freaking pain you little bit-" Damien tried to reply and I shut him up.

"Stop talking. Help me," I whimpered. It caught Damien's attention. His eyes turned to night black. He held me to his chest. The pain started to slowly stop.

I heard small whimpers in the back of my head. Maggie. I clutched onto Damien's chest. Making my nails dig into his skin as my tears fell like a waterfall from my eyes. My heart hurt so much.

"Parker," I hear a soft whisper. Maggie. Maggie was calling her on to me. I tried to answer but a more powerful strike hit me and I look at Damien's scared eyes. I smiled.

"Maggie," I whispered and closed my eyes and welcomed the calming black atmosphere that lured me into the peaceful night.

* * *

My heart didn't hurt. It felt normal. I felt normal. I was complete. As complete as I could be without being with my mate. I opened my eyes to the bright light that almost blinded my sight. I blinked to get my vision into place and look around the hospital room. The walls that I had become, in a way, accustomed to. My eyes landed on a stiff back, Damien. He was facing the window. His arms crossed over his chest, making his back muscles to start to bulge out. His posture screamed danger. He seemed deep in thought. I tried to see if I could reach out to my wolf because I faintly remember that she reached out to me yesterday.

"Maggie," I called into our link. But to my absolute disappointment, I was met with deadly silence. My shoulders fell in defeat. Making a sound on the bed, which caused Damien to turn around. He looked around the room searching for danger. His gorgeous eyes met me and his search stopped. We looked at each other for a few minutes, until I had to look away from his intense.

Damien and I never had a real conversation. I wanted to talk to tell him that I hated how he treated me. To tell him that I waited my whole life for you to whisk me from my problems.

"Where did you go last night?" I asked building up enough strength to talk to him.

"That is none of your concern," Damien answered looking me dead in the eye. One step forward, two steps back. I thought we were actually going to see how this is going to work out. I needed a shoulder to cry on, I needed someone to talk to.

"Can you please tell Shadow to come and visit me today?" I asked Damien nicely. However, his eyes turned pitch black and I felt his wolf surface. He started growling.

"NO. SHADOW CAN'T BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY MATE. YOU WILL ONLY BE MINE, YOU WILL ONLY LOVE ME!" Damien's wolf started screaming at me.

"Damien I need someone to talk to," I tried to explain.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO TALK TO SHADOW. YOU CAN SPEAK TO ME!" Damien's wolf continued.

"I can't talk to you. Why would you want to talk to it ? Didn't you say you didn't want me as your mate? Make up your freaking mind. I'm dead serious. I don't know what the point of this bond is between us. I thought you were supposed to be the man that was supposed to protect me from the world. What did I do wrong? Am I not good for you? Tell me what I need to do to be alright in your eyes?" I desperately ask. Pouring my feelings into my small speech. After the words came out of my mouth I feel like a complete idiot. He's isn't going to answer, he is going to leave like he always does. Why Goddess? What was my mistake?

Tears fall freely from my eyes.

"You don't need to change you're fine," Damien whispers looking me dead in the eyes. I see pain flash through them, which is quite shocking for a man of his type. His simple sentence makes my heart flutter. I feel like an idiot. The sentence was so simple, and if said to another girl would probably cause a huge argument.

He looks at me so deeply that makes me break eye contact. He reaches for my hand and gives it a light squeeze.

"I'm trying," he whispers. If it weren't for my werewolf senses then I would definitely miss it.

I give him a brief smile and squeeze his hand back. Just as I was about to open my mouth and thank him for trying, the door is smacked open.

"Park I heard you knocked out, you ok Sweetie?" Shadow walks in holding a ridiculously large teddy bear.

I let out a throaty laugh and answer his question, "I'm fine, you brought me another stuffed animal. Thank you, Shadow. I appreciate it."

I pull my hand off of Damien's and turn my head away from his hurt eyes.

I reach for the big teddy bear and hug it to my chest, closing my eyes to savor the amazing moment of holding the fluffiest thing to my chest.

The bang of the door, makes me open my eyes immediately and cower in fear. I look around and see no sight of Damien. I look forward and catch Shadow's eyes, he gives me a sad smile, which breaks my heart. The tears fall freely from my eyes again.

Back to square one...

* * *

A/N

Hello my lovelies, I'm so sorry for the late update. It's just that I have been very busy for the past few months, no joke. I'll try to update soon. You know what drives me to update even sooner? The love I receive from all of you when you leave beautiful comments and vote. I love you all and I'm sorry for sooo much delay. I love you'll

Pellickle <3