Playing Cupid

"Hello, Becca! You'll never believe the news I have for you. Well, you might. David asked me out for a third date! I don't think this would have happened if you didn't help me. Thanks for everything!" The dial tone droned on, and I stopped it.

My voice mail is often filled with calls like these. Girls and guys telling me how successful their love life has been because of the tips I gave them. Sometimes, I get a call from couples I have set up on blind dates saying how compatible they are.

I guess you could call me Cupid.

And people do. I have my own show on the local radio station from five to six. That is how most people contact me and how I give out my advice. I'm proud of the work I do.

If you haven't figured out, my name is Becca. It's actually Rebecca, but everyone uses my nickname. My full name is Rebecca Claire Forrest and I am sixteen years old who is a "master with love". According to my friends, that is. My parents are high school sweethearts, all of my best friends have steady boyfriends, and my sister is engaged. I set people up and offer love advice.

But the ironic thing about my life? I can't find a boyfriend of my own. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. But it is not strange that the girl who plays Cupid doesn't have her own love story?