Chapter Five

Sitting in the worn leather seat of my car, I flipped the sun visor down to check my makeup. I'm putting the plan into action today, and I need to make sure I look decent. I smacked my red, lipsticked lips together once for good measure and got out of my car.

Once I was completely out, I walked to the opposite side and yanked open the dented car door. As much as I appreciate having a car, this one is junk. I'm just waiting for the day it breaks down. Reaching in, I grabbed the small poster board sign that read "Hot, Confident Boys Needed". I laughed to myself; the sign makes me sound so desperate.

But, to be honest, I am desperate. Just not in the way guys of my school will be thinking.

Inside the school, Anna was waiting in a plastic chair behind a small table. She had a roll of duct tape in one hand, and her iPod in the other. I saw her face form a kiss face in front of the iPod screen, and I knew she was snap-chatting. Probably Brett.

My best friend is so cute.

Approaching the table, I snatched the duct tape out of Anna's hand and tore a piece off. Anna held the poster on the end of the table so I could press the tape against it. I took a step back, checked it over, and was instantly satisfied.

"Now what?" Anna asked.

"We sit and we wait," I said nonchalantly. "Someone will stop by eventually." And that is what Anna and I did. For some time, the two of us gossiped about people walking by or made fun of my mom who acts like a sixteen year old girl.

The first person to stop by the table was no other than Mr. Quarterback, Brett. He gave Anna a wink, but then completely focused on me. I gave me a polite smile but nothing more. Just that one action is more proof that Brett is not good enough for Anna.

"So, Becca, this sign says that you need a hot, confident guy?" Brett suggested in a devious manner. Anna stiffened up and I tapped her with my foot. She could easily flirt back with Brett; she could jokingly knock his ego down.

When Anna said nothing, I spoke myself. "You're right. I am. But I don't think you are the right guy."

Brett actually looked wounded. "But I'm hot."

"And cocky," I fired back. "Anyways, this is for something serious. I'm not going to date this person; they are helping me on my radio show."

Brett leaned in closer. "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" he spoke theatrically. "I can act and I am hot and confident. I'm perfect for you." Then Brett winked again.

I sent Brett a smile that was closer to a smirk and I shot lasers at him through my narrowed eyes. "Well, I'll keep you in mind. But you aren't exactly the guy I want."

Brett rolled his eyes and walked away, not even a word towards Anna. Why my best friends likes him is beyond me.

Anna leaned over the table, head resting in her hands and stared after Brett's retreating figure. "Isn't he so charming?" she cooed.

"A real prince," I muttered. Anna didn't hear me. She was too busy oogling the man who flat out ignored her. I love Anna, but she is so naive at times.

I checked the time on my phone quickly and frowned in frustration. It is 8:05 and school starts at 8:20. Where are all the guys?

Anna nudged me out of my thoughts, using her foot to tap my shin. I looked over at her and Anna's eyes flickered towards the left. I turned my head and saw someone standing at the table. My eyes grew wide, and I said, "You're the new supper delivery guy!"

Delivery Guy nodded. "Glad you remembered me."

I smiled. "It's hard to forget a face like yours." It's true. He had perfect cheekbones, blemish-free skin, and green eyes that shined like emeralds. If I had to compare him to a celebrity, I couldn't find one as good-looking. Even his nose was perfect: not too big or too small.

I wonder what muscles he is hiding under that long sleeved shirt...

I felt another kick to my shin, and I snapped out of my silly daydreaming. Delivery Guy stood there, hands in his pockets, and he looked like he was feeling very awkward. Probably because I was staring at his perfect cheekbones like a creep.

Not missing a beat, I asked, "Are you a hot, confident guy who will gladly service me?"

He smiled, a small awkward smile, and laughed nervously. "What exactly am I servicing?"

"I need help with some upcoming segments for my radio show. Obviously, if I'm doing dating advice, I need a worthy male figure to help me out."

Delivery Boy relaxed and nodded. "I can do that."

"What were you expecting me to need from you?" I teased with a flirty smirk.

Delivery Boy raised his eyebrows at me. "No idea."

He really isn't good at having a conversation. "Well," I started, "I need your name and number so we can arrange practice times before the shows."

Delivery Boy stared at me. I stared at him. When neither of us said something, he cleared his throat and asked, "Do you have a piece of paper?"

Anna reached down into her bag and pulled out a small notebook. She quickly and cleanly tore out a fresh sheet and set it down on the table. Delivery Boy pulled a pen from his back pocket and scribbled down some numbers and a name. He slid it towards me, and I read what was on the paper. "Logan." I looked at Logan and smiled. "Thank you, Logan, and I'll text you sometime."

Logan smiled and strode away from the table. Once I was sure he was out of hearing range, I turned to Anna and squealed. "This is perfect!" I grabbed her shoulders and shook her slightly. "I now have an amazingly hot date with perfect cheekbones to take to my mom's thing! My plan worked!"

Anna laughed and removed my hands from her shoulders. "Becca, he is probably taken."

I frowned. "What makes you think that?"

"You should know by now that all attractive guys are either famous, taken, gay, or live hundreds of miles away. Logan isn't famous, he lives here, and there is no way he is gay. He must be taken." Anna said it with so much seriousness, I had to laugh.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Anna."

Author's Note:

Is it just me, or do A/N seem absolutely pointless? Me and Cailin never have anything important to say... At least I think that. Cailin might disagree.

New chapter. Hope it's good. Excited to make more chapters with Logan in it, and I hope they will be entertaining :) Until next time, bye!

A/N from Cailin: I do disagree. We say very important things. Especially me, when I take the time to create an author's note. For example, I'm starting to write more short stories lately that I would actually considering publishing. So be on the look out for possible stories!