Chapter 26: Not Part Of My Plan...

🙀

http://data.whicdn.com/images/93886158/original.gif.

I sat up with a gasp, the painful screams still echoing in my head from the dream. I dragged a hand through my hair, taking in deep breaths and hoping Damon beside me would help calm me down--he's fine, we'll find him soon and everything will be okay. Remember that Kat...

"Unnnn...You must have restless sleep syndrome or something" Damon groaned awake. "It's like sleeping with a tornado" I took more deep breaths with his words, sitting up completely and brushing my messy hair from my face as I closed my eyes--thankful I couldn't hear his pain anymore. "Hey. We were up all night. You're exhausted. Go back to sleep."

"I had a dream about Stefan" I shared, hoping that would deter his need.

"Oh," he said simply.

"It was more than just a pit in my stomach this time, though. It was real. It was like I was there with him" I went into detail, opening my eyes and looking down at him.

"I know I said it didn't bother me that you have some psychic connection to your ex-boyfriend, but...I don't need a play-by-play, Kat" he lay back down with a thud and it took everything in me not to roll my eyes.

"You're right. It's weird. Sorry" I threw out to stop that miserable look on his face before lying back down also.

"Fine" he turned on his side, leaving us face to face. "Tell me. I'm sure whatever's in my imagination is 10 times worse than what's going on in your subconscious."

"It was just so vivid" I closed my eyes for a minute as the dream played out before me, "I saw Stefan walking out of this bar. It had a red awning and this broken neon sign, and he was screaming in pain..."

"Well, should I go check in the attic, see if there's a crystal ball(?)" I opened my eyes to glare at him, "Maybe even conjure up an address."

"Route 29. Joe's Bar" my voice spoke up from the doorway, and I looked up to see Katherine for the first time in 3 months..."I think I had the exact same dream" Damon's response was to bury his head into his pillows with a groan.

"I guess that means we can draw that pit feeling up to a freaky doppelganger side effect" I huffed before falling back against my pillows also.

-TIME SKIP-

I glided my hand over the map before me, stopping when it came in contact with our runaways daylight ring, I really hope Katherine's right..."So I've found 9 bars along Route 29, and none of them..." Damon walked up behind me, "Are called Joe's."

"I had a feeling there was something wrong all summer, and I ignored it, but I was right. Stefan was in a safe. Definitely killed whoever it was that found him because he was starved from drowning over and over again...I know it sounds crazy that I'm following some psychic dream, but it's the only lead that we have" I tried to clear up the little doubt I heard in Damon's voice.

"It doesn't sound crazy. It is crazy," he corrected, "But I'm open-minded."

"Shotgun!" called from the background, I frowned slightly at my mirror. "What? I get carsick in the back seat. Another charming human side effect you stuck me with."

"Blame yourself Kitty-Kat," I walked around to her. "Your own selfish preservation got you stuck in this very...vulnerable" I gripped her neck, watching her eyes widen. "Position" I reminded her before taking a step back, seeing Damon's nerves over me killing her. "Don't worry, Damon. She won't die because of me..." I reassured him with a chuckle.