Chapter 34: I Am NOT Saying Goodbye

😿

http://66.media.tumblr.com/32179512f53c6257894cb18a8445082d/tumblr_n21rj8NXDc1qhxj7uo1_250.gif.

I squashed the lip gloss between my lips, wiping away any excess and checking over my outfit in my mirror. Reaching up, I gave my hair a slight tszuj, winking at the completed image when my dorm door opened. "Okay. Time to wake u--" Caroline's words died on the tip of her tongue when she noticed my position, "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready--Why do you look so surprised?" I frowned at her and Bonnie's faces.

"You said Damon and you broke up last night" Care explained with a crumpled brow.

"And?" I pressed.

"We brought breakup breakfast" the blonde pointed to Bonnie's offering with a pout.

"Well, it was a waste--I'm not hungry" I turned my back on the pair, moving to unclip my phone from its charger.

"Okay--I can see you're just trying to push it aside--" Bonnie was interrupted by our very opinionated friend.

I turned back to find them advancing on me, "As she should!" Care held out a flute of fresh orange juice, "I mean, he did say--and I quote--'I am a bad person. I am bad for you, and I am choosing to let yo'--" she was interrupted by the spray of orange juice that hit her.

"Oops(!)" I shook off my hand from the broken glass, "I guess I just don't know my own strength(!)" my shrug was careless as I tried to bypass them.

"Come on, Kat. This is us" Bonnie didn't allow the escape, "You can talk to us."

"And what's there to talk about(?) The love of my life dumped me--my longest relationship and second official boyfriend decided I could do better and gave me up like an old pair of jeans...--But that doesn't matter because I'm Kat Gilbert, and I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose' world stops spinning just because of some guy.":

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2631eecb4bf8221dc747bf7dbbaabb96/tumblr_ocjpogKzjF1utqkmwo1_500.gif.

"But he wasn't just 'some guy', Kat" Bonnie gave me those big eyes, crushing my want to open up as I watched pity and sympathy swirl within them

"Well, he is now" I didn't allow any interruptions, whooshing past while trying not to slam the door behind me. I fixed my jacket, tugging on the collar before my phone began buzzing against my thigh--

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Stefan, thank god! Give me a distraction.

S- I think you need to come over to the boarding house, Kat.

K- (I Huffed Out A Breath) I swear if Damon put you up to thi--