Chapter 28- You and Me

Chapter 28

Callie’s POV

Callie’s POV

I sighed tiredly as my long wedding gown brushed the carpet that lead to the altar, the beautiful stain glass window painted colours to the room while my heels echoed with each step I took. Sometimes I had dream of walking down the aisle marrying the person who will make me smile, cherish me in every way possible, and love me not because of what I have but for whom I am. Growing up I had been alone, yeah people approach me asking to be friends but the truth is they want my money and my looks. After that I decided to just push everyone aside and live the life I wanted. I thought my life will go in circles, I didn’t know where I was headed but not too soon I met this guy who I fell in love with that changed my life forever.

I chuckled at the thought, he was clumsy, blushes easily, he can also be stupid for nerd, but those characteristic pulled me in. I must be a fool for loving such a dork however I don’t regret anything. We are so different yet we match so perfectly, I guess the saying is right opposites attract. I dream of standing in here with him, although I’m too sure if that dream will come true.

The chime of the church bell rang; I smiled and looked at the altar one last time before I head over to Jacob who had a worrisome look plastered across his face. I punch his shoulders playfully reassuring him that I’m fine. He slid the golden band out of my ring finger and put it back to his velvet box.

“Thank you for everything” I whispered as I leaned in and gave him an embrace.

He pulled away and smiled “yeah yeah, you should be thankful that I’m nice” he teased causing me to laugh.

“You nice? I don’t think so” the smiles on our faces faltered realizing that this wasn’t the time to be celebrating just yet. “Jacob, I’m sorry” I said feeling guilt run through my vein.

He inhaled slowly and shrugged “Well you’re the first girl to reject me but I guess I can forgive you, anyways I have to get going before your father kills me”

I didn’t force a smile I know that deep inside that he is hurting, “I’m sorry”

“Stop apologizing Callie, it’s not your fault your heart is beating for a nerd instead of a hunk like me”

I scoffed jokingly “Whatever you say, anyways it looks like your ride is here” I looked over his shoulder where a car was parked.