7th chapter

Mr.Tad told me I’ll start work next week but I’ll need to choose a day before that to go and practice a bit and get used to whatever materials we’re going to use and stuff like that. I’m so excited to be honest, I haven’t been excited for something in a long time. 

With time, I’m realising how much a person can be happy with only doing what he loves and I love art in a weird way, I don’t have a reason, I just do. I guess It’s always been my safe haven or something, I remember years ago when my life was hell, drawing used to help me escape it, even though he never actually liked it because it took away the time I should be spending 'loving him' as he used to tell me. Asshole. I shouldn’t be thinking of this right now, I have a happy place to be and that is work and only work.

 I have a few free days for myself until the beginning of the next week, so I have no idea what I’ll be doing. Heath crossed my mind for a moment but I throw the idea to the back of my head, I can’t risk the chance of him passing the walls I’ve been trying to build for years. I need to always remember what had happened to prevent myself from doing the same mistake again. I need to look before I fall, men are manipulative and have destroyed my life enough to not let one in again. I tell myself i need to forget but my thoughts always seem to go in the same direction.

I’m almost home and I force myself to start thinking by opening my all time favourites CD that I made for myself as soon as I got my car a couple of years ago. I sing along with the lyrics "doesn’t crrrryyyy-“

I reach home the same time as El does, she gets out of the car and Andy gets out, too. Why is he here?

They come towards me

“Hey Sash,”

"Hi Sasha, how are you?”

“Hi, I’m fine, thanks” I smile. “ So what brings you-“ just when I’m about to finish the question I hear a person yelling far behind me

“You’re late” Heath yells looking directly at Andy, not making eye-contact with me at all. 

“Hey, Eleanor” He says, still yelling, she replies with a Hey back. Andy heads to the garage, they both enter and close the garage door behind them. What, he’s ignoring me now? that’s better. Yes. It’s better for both of us to not make eye-contact or greet each other. I leave their whole meet and greet and go up my apartment. Eleanor locks her car and follows. 

I’m unlocking the door to my apartment as El speaks behind me “To answer your question, he’s here to practice with Heath. They have another show tomorrow night, maybe you’d like to-“ 

“No” 

“You didn’t even hear me out”

“I’m not going”

“But you liked it the last time” 

“El”

“Sash,”

We enter my apartment, she sits on my bed as I change in the bathroom. 

“You know, Sash, maybe you need to let yourself have fun more” she says in what seems like a serious tone, one she doesn't usually use.

“You can be a fun person if you want to I just don’t know why you’re doing this!”

“Doing what?” I say getting out of the bathroom and letting down my hair, I wore it in a ponytail today.

“You know what” I know. But I don’t want to admit it to myself.

“You’re shutting everyone out, I mean I know you don’t want heath as a-“