19th chapter

Andy’s POV:

“You do realise my job is taken away from me because of your fucking friend!” Red yells in my face. 

As much as i want to punch his head to the wall, i keep calm because I don’t want any of this to get to Heath. Not this way at least, and definitely not with Red in the picture. If Heath is to know what the hell is going on, the best way is for him to find out himself. 

“Stop yelling.” Jack steps in between us. “There’s no use of it right now, can we just return to our usual fucked up life?”

“Yeah surely it’s easy for you to say.” Dave throws the words and I’m practically dragging my fist away from each of his and Red’s faces.

“I’ve lost someone just like all of you did.” Jack begins with a yell but then the words fade at the end of the sentence.

“Not much like us.” Dave responds and Jack couldn’t find the words to say. I decide to talk.

“I need to go now, could this be the end of these conversations? Just leave Heath’s life alone.”

“He doesn’t even know we exist.” Dave laughs.

“This is the end of the conversation.” Ed suddenly walks in the room and joins the conversation. Or well, ends it. Ed doesn’t talk much so we don’t really know what he thinks of this. Since that night years ago, and with everyone and literally everyone giving random shits and opinions about what’s right and wrong, Ed hasn’t spoken of his opinion of what had happened until this day.

I walk away with an assuring glare from Jack that he’s got control of the situation.

“Hey, you’re up.” I say when i see Heath sitting in the living room when i enter the apartment at 3 A.M.

“I couldn’t sleep. Where you’ve been at?” he asks me and I really don’t like lying to Heath, especially in this. 

“What, you think you’re the only one with midnight dates?” i say trying to put humor in this very thick aired appearing room. Plus trying not to lie but failing because i don’t think it sounded real, what i said.

He tries to laugh but it doesn’t really work. He’s not even here, probably lost in his thoughts, like most times. 

Sometimes I swear I’m this close to telling him everything, but i just couldn’t, shouldn’t. It’ll only break him. I’m speaking as if he’s not already is.

I notice him holding something.

“What’s that?”

“Nothing useful.” he throws what’s in his hand to the table and rests on the couch, sadness and uselessness appearing on his facial expressions. 

“It’s confusing!” Heath says putting a hand in the air.

I go to the table and pick up what he threw. “What is?” I continue the conversation with him as i look at the picture i have between my hands. It’s a picture of his parents. One of the many pictures we left him to find.

“My memory can’t seem to remember anything further than seeing my parents drive away. I mean, did my brother go with them?  I don’t remember.” I just stare at him.

“I don’t remember.” he stands up and yells.

“Why don’t you tell me? don’t you know anything about your fucked up roommate?” he yells at me. Too many people yelled at me today. Although he’s the only one who his yell has cracked my soul. I can’t bare that i’m doing this to him.

“I don’t know anything! I didn’t know who was going to be my roommate when i applied for a room in the dorms.” I yell back. I had to let things out anyway possible.