Chapter 35th

Eleanor's POV

"What do you mean you can't find him?!" I say, setting next to her bed. "He can't not be here!"

"I'm telling you. I tried but he doesn't want to be found, El."

"What happened other than what you told me?"

He looks at Sasha. I keep looking at him. When he doesn't answer, I stand up and head his way. I stand in front of him and I feel my hands shaking, so I cross them on my chest, so the shaking stops. "She needs familiar voices, always. That's what the doctor said, remember?"

"Of course I do. Of course I do..." The repetition comes out as a whisper.

"What's happening with him?"

"He's almost going through the same thing that Sasha's going through now. But he's a bit luckier."

"What do you mean? Is he in the hospital?!!!" I panic and my body starts shaking.

"God, No. No, babe, he's okay. Come here," he pulls me in. "My god, Eleanor, why are you shaking this much! Have you eaten anything today?"

"I..don't remember." I feel drained.

He says,"we need to take you home, Eleanor. This is too much for—." "No!" I stop him.

"Yeah! I'm not letting you this time. We're going to take you home and bathe your tired body. And you need to start getting back to your relationship with food."

I let go of him and go sit next to Sasha, again. I just stare at her. "What if this is it?" I whisper.

"I don't know, El. I really don't know. But what I know is that you need to get back to caring for yourself."

I nod, still staring at her very stranger-like face. Sometimes I forget we're here. I forget how my face looks, and that that face is Sasha's. We've been in this hospital room for a long time now, which should make it feel a bit familiar but it's not.

——

I find myself getting out of the car; that means we've reached home. For the first time since forever I enter the apartment. I am pretty sure I'm imagining it but I can smell Sasha around. I can almost touch her presence, but I can't.

The place seems to be dustless. I think Andy has been coming here. Well, of course he's been coming here to get me my stuff, but I didn't know he cared to keep it dustless. Andy's such a good person; I don't know how would have I survived all..this..without him.

Every step I take around the place reminds me of Sash. I try to push the thoughts to the back of my mind. I can return to think about her when I go back to the hospital but right now, I need to wash away both my body and soul. Andy calls me into the bathroom and a full of bubbles bath comes into view. I walk towards him and give him a weak hug. He holds me softly.

"Okay now get into the bath and try to relax your muscles. I'll go make us something to eat."

I nod and start undressing. I dip half a hand to feel the water and its warmth rushes through my body. I slowly get into the bath, put my head back and close my eyelids.

Heath's POV

I grabbed whatever random shit I may need to survive for a couple of weeks in a hotel or something and put it all in a large bag. I decide to take a fast shower to put on fresh clothes after I got soaked from the rain. While in the shower I feel brain zaps accompanied by random moving images.

It suddenly hits me, the places in the apartment that Andy might be hiding stuff from me. I get out of the shower, and put a towel around my waist. I look around his room; nothing in his closet, of course; that is too obvious. I look behind the bed again though I already know what was there and took it last time.

I ask myself where would I hide something from myself and it hits me. I head to a very high kitchen shelf that I thought has never seen anything but dust. I don't remember the last time I bothered to bring a step to get to the higher shelf in the kitchen. I find a couple of large parcels full of dust. Although the whole apartment seem dustless, these seem to be an exception. I open them and find in one a tiny old mobile phone out of charge. I go to the cabinet where we have all our wires and look for something to charge the phone.

I put the phone in charge and go get dressed, zip up the bag then head back to the phone.

Setting>messages>sent>

< Keep away from places you don't belong. >

< Stay away from people you don't know how to deal with, or else.>

<You better stay in your lane.>

I take out my own phone from my pocket, open the messages and scroll through them.

< Keep away from places you don't belong. >

...

< Stay away from people you don't know how to deal with, or else.>

...

<You better stay in your lane.>

What is this supposed to mean? How are the messages on both phones the same? How is it on that phone they are under the sent messages. Could it actually be reality that Andy was the one sending these to me? There are missing ones though..these are only three..and the ones I have on my phone are so many more than three.

Without a second thought I put on my jacket, take my bag and get out of the house. A while later I find myself going back to the same neighborhood I left many hours ago. It is strange..because I know exactly where I'm going- it's like an automatic map in my head and takes me straight to where I need.

"Heath?" That person who calls himself my brother calls with a shock on his face.

"What the fuck are these?" I say with a threatening voice while holding up the phone to show him the messages.

"What?"

"Those messages? They were all from Andy and you, weren't they? You scared the shit out of me just so I wouldn't get close to you?"

"Them."

"Huh?"

"So you wouldn't get close to them."

"That's a lie, and you know it. If it was only about them, you would've found a way. But you were probably aware of the fact that you're a coward and you couldn't show your face."

" I am."

--

Author's note:

Guys, I don't have more excuses to mention. I realize it must be frustrating because some started reading this back in 2015 and now it's 2017..I'm a really slow writer, know that. What I would advise is that you guys save this story then read it later when it's full and done. But if you're ok with long time gaps between chapters then welcome! I really love that so many of you are getting into the story and actually loving it! I appreciate it massively! 

All the love x