09 Ginny Weasley x Reader || Slow Dance

Ginny Weasley x Reader (m/f). 

As you step into the Great Hall on the night of the Yule Ball several sights take your breath away. First, is the several enormous Christmas trees dotted around the room. They're decked out with shimmering glass ornaments, real snowflakes preserved by magic and colourful fairy lights. Second, is the sight of nearly every Hogwarts student from your, the fourth year, and upwards in their dress robes, laughing, chatting and dancing. Third, is simply Ginny Weasley.

Merlin, you think, she looks absolutely stunning. Her dress is a shimmering aqua that just swishes the ground when she moves, and her red hair is pulled into an elaborate up-do complete with clips made of shiny pearls. She looks like the muggles' interpretation of a mermaid.

As if sensing your stare she turns around and meets your eye with a hesitant smile and a wave. Gulping down you nerves you make your way across the room towards her, just as the DJ announces that the next song will be a slow dance, perfect for lovers in his words.

"[Y/N]",Ginny greets, embracing you, "I didn't think you'd come"

"I wouldn't miss a chance to see you", you quip honestly, and much to your pleasure her freckled cheeks colour slightly.

"Would you like to dance with me, [Y/N]?", Ginny asks, sweetly.

"Nothing would make me happier", you say, and twirl her onto the dance floor.

You knew then that tonight would be one of the best nights of your life!