22 Fred Weasley x Reader || The Master Plan (Part One)

Fred Weasley x Reader (f).

You're walking hand-in-hand to Transfiguration with your boyfriend Fred Weasley when, seemingly out of the blue, he drops your hand and motions for you to follow him into a nearby broom cupboard. Despite your confusion you oblige, and as the cupboard doors swing close you blink rapidly letting your eyes adjust to the darkness.

"[Y/N]", Fred whispers urgently, "I need to tell you something"

"Is that why we're in the broom cupboard?", you ask, bemused. "Is everything okay? You're not breaking up with me are you?"

"Merlin no!", Fred exclaims, still keeping his voice low. He leans over a gives you a quick kiss, "I'm never breaking up with you. You're stuck with me."

"And you're stuck with me", you promise. "Anyway, what's up? Why are we whispering?"

"Because I can't risk anyone overhearing The Master Plan"

You shrug, despite the dramatic you suppose it makes sense. Fred and his twin brother George were always cooking up some deliciously devious scheme or prank, which was always made that much more successful through the odd bit of secrecy. After all, it's hard to surprise anyone if they know what's going to happen!

Fred takes a deep breath and continues, "This is going to be our most important prank of all because it'll be our last one, at Hogwarts anyway..."

"Wait, why?", you can't help but interrupt, "What's going on?"

Fred takes both your hands in his, and takes a deep breath.

"George and I are leaving Hogwarts", he confesses, "For good. Education has never been our forte. The world needs a good laugh now, and we're the best ones to provide it. I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you earlier but I just didn't know how."

You nod slowly, taking it all in.

"We're doing one last prank, and it's going to be our best one yet", Fred continues, "But we need your help, [Y/N]. So what do you say? Are you in?"

You laugh shakily, though despite your sadness you know that Fred's decision is the best one for him, and indeed for the Wizarding Community.

"Of course I'm in", you say, embracing him deeply. "Now, tell me exactly what I have to do!"

To Be Continued... x