40 Albus Potter x Scorpius Malfoy || Do You Love Me?

Albus Potter x Scorpius Malfoy. Next Gen.

Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy lay side by side in the latter's bed, both distracted from their assigned reading by an acute awareness of the other's proximity.

"Albus - "

Albus turned his head and found himself staring directly into Scorpius' grey eyes. He felt his best friend's breath warm on his face, the sensation sending a shiver down his spine.

" - you know that I love you, right?"

Albus nodded, seemingly paralysed by Scorpius' gaze.

"Do you love me?", Scorpius' voice was steady and sure.

"Of course", Albus spluttered in response, "Why are you - ?"

Before he could finish the sentence, Scorpius' mouth was upon his. The kiss was sudden, yet shy and warm. Albus briefly considered that he may have died and gone to wizarding heaven.

Before he could register the implications of his decided non-death, Scorpius pulled away. His pale skin was flushed and eyes were wide with wonder.

"You kissed me back", Scorpius said, a small, shaky giggle escaping his lips.

Albus tentatively touched a finger to his own lips, "How - how long have you wanted to... you know...?"

"Kiss you?", Scorpius queried softly. "I'm sorry I - "

"Don't", Albus laughed, grabbing his best friend's hand. "Don't be sorry. I've wanted to for so long, I just didn't know..."

"Neither did I", Scorpius grinned back. They stared at each other in mutual amazement.

"Scorpius, you know that I love you, right?"

Scorpius' breath caught in his throat, and he nodded.

"Do you love me?", Albus smiled softly.

"Of course"

I N S P I R A T I O N

I saw Harry Potter & the Cursed Child last week - it was both spellbinding & breathtaking. I genuinely have not stopped thinking about it since.