1: You may not experiment with unicorn tears.

Tens of thousands of years ago, each and every one of the existing gods in the Immortal Realm were split into two factions and embroiled in a catastrophic war.

After many millennia of vicious and senseless violence, the two most powerful gods, the God of Light and the God of Darkness, ascended to become the leaders of the two warring factions.

Seeing the extent of the destruction caused by their mindless struggle for power, the two gods decided to join hands to put an end to the war.

After a long discussion that carried on for many days and nights, an agreement entitled "The Treaty of the Gods" was drawn up between the two parties.

In this agreement, it stated that all of the gods under the God of Light would henceforth, belong to the Heavenly Faction and reside in Heaven; while all of the gods under the God of Darkness would belong to the Underworld Faction and reside in the Underworld. No fighting amongst the two factions would be permissible and any god that dared to go against the agreement would have to face the wrath of all of the gods. Additionally, a lavish banquet, which would be known as the "Banquet of Gods", would be held to celebrate the friendship of the two godly factions. Alternating between the members of Heavenly and Underworld Faction, a different god's domain would be chosen to host the banquet every one hundred years.

The signing of this treaty by the God of Light, who adopted the title of the "Heavenly Emperor", and the God of Darkness, who adopted the title of the "Emperor of the Underworld", signalled the dawn of a new era, an era of peace and prosperity.

In the Underworld, the God of Darkness went on to marry the Goddess of Twilight and together they had ten children.

While the first to ninth princes and princesses of the Underworld were regularly showered with praise by the denizens of the Immortal Realm for their talent, beauty, strength, and intellect, little was known about the tenth princess. This was due to the fact that the tenth princess seldom attended public events as a result of her supposedly "weak" constitution.

Currently, that same "weak" tenth princess was kneeling in her courtyard with a hardcover book, one thousand times the size of a regular book, over her head as punishment.

"Straighten out your back and raise your arms higher, Desmia."

Desmia grudgingly compiled with her mother, the Goddess of Twilight commands. "How much longer must I do this for, mother? My body is aching."

The Empress smiled coldly. "You should have thought of the consequences before you drove your tutor away. Since this was the fifteenth one that you sent running, you should at least kneel here for fifteen years to repent on your actions."

Desmia's already fair complexion grew a shade paler. "Fifteen years? Surely you jest!"

Although to an immortal being fifteen years was merely a blink of an eye, to Desmia who regularly craved excitement, the idea of remaining still in one place for more than an hour was unfathomable.

"You should know I never jest." The Empress waved her hand and immediately a servant appeared to pour her a cup of tea. After she took a sip she intoned, "Be glad it isn't fifteen hundred years."

Desmia adopted a wronged expression. "But mother, I didn't intentionally drive Lady Sicily away. She left on her own accord!"